1990-1993 Buffalo Bills: Good Team or Bad Team?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 5:42 am

Between 1990 and 1993, the Buffalo Bills got into the Superbowl 4 times in a row, which is impressive! However, they were beaten each time which is heartbreaking and frustrating for the team and their fans.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 7:29 am

Are you a bills fan? They have one of the worst management offices in the NFL.

Brye
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2013, 7:46 am

Lost, your opinion of the current Bills situation is irrelevant as the OP was clearly asking about the early 90s when the Bills were THE team to beat in the AFC.

They were a fantastic team that would have won at least one if not for Scott Norwood.

I was just a baby but I can name so many of their players. They were deep in talent on both sides of the ball and were blessed with Hall of Famers such as Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly (K-GUN!! !! !!), Bruce Smith, James Lofton, and let's admit that Andre Reed NEEDS to be in the Hall...

Let us never forget the greatest comeback in NFL history in the playoffs for the 1992 season when they played the Oilers.

Even the supporting cast of backups were great: Beebe, Tasker, Reich, Davis... just to name the offensive side of the ball.

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and I find myself thinking ''I'd sacrifice one of our wins against the Bills just so they could have had a win''.

Any advice I give is purely theoretical and/or based off twenty plus years experience of angst.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:24 am

Brye wrote:
Lost, your opinion of the current Bills situation is irrelevant as the OP was clearly asking about the early 90s when the Bills were THE team to beat in the AFC.

They were a fantastic team that would have won at least one if not for Scott Norwood.

I was just a baby but I can name so many of their players. They were deep in talent on both sides of the ball and were blessed with Hall of Famers such as Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly (K-GUN!! !! !!), Bruce Smith, James Lofton, and let's admit that Andre Reed NEEDS to be in the Hall...

Let us never forget the greatest comeback in NFL history in the playoffs for the 1992 season when they played the Oilers.

Even the supporting cast of backups were great: Beebe, Tasker, Reich, Davis... just to name the offensive side of the ball.

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and I find myself thinking ''I'd sacrifice one of our wins against the Bills just so they could have had a win''.

What I said is true though. You can't argue against that. The Bills have sucked donkey balls for the last 13 seasons and this season will make it 14 in a row. They don't know how to manage a roster and the management is clearly the problem.

Dallas cowboys aren't that much better :lol:

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 2:39 pm

lost561 wrote:
Are you a bills fan? They have one of the worst management offices in the NFL.

No, I'm a Bears fan, but I am a fan of the NFL in general.

Brye: In other words, you say good team. How interesting they lost to a team from NFC East each time.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 11:05 am

Very Very good and arguably great team that will never be considered that way. They have mostly forgotten. Is it fair? No. Is it going to change? No.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brye
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Nov 2013, 3:49 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Brye: In other words, you say good team. How interesting they lost to a team from NFC East each time.

Look who was coaching those NFC East teams. Parcells, Gibbs, and Johnson. And again, they also outplayed the Giants but damn you Scott Norwood.

I believe they were the second greatest team of the early 90s, behind the Cowboys.

Any advice I give is purely theoretical and/or based off twenty plus years experience of angst.