Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm

Way way more trick or treaters in my area this year then in around 20 years.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 31 Oct 2013, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 9:19 pm

I live in an area of town where, curiously, we see no trick or treaters. For some reason they just don't venture down this corridor. I don't have a clue why, either. It's not like the neighbourhood is ghetto. Probably the lack of Halloween decorations keeps the kids and adults at bay.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 9:23 pm

We had about eight, but it was pouring outside. Even with an umbrella, my son lasted less than an hour out.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 9:39 pm

We only had 1 group of trick or treaters this year, which is normal for us.

I actually prefer it that way; I'm not exactly fond of children (to put it mildly).

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 9:46 pm

Nobody has knocked on my door yet. Hopefully I'm in a "bad" enough neighborhood to keep them away.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

I just got back from trick or treating. :D

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

31 Oct 2013, 10:29 pm

I am in Hawaii - congrats to my sister on her marriage!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:57 pm

Maybe the cat that sleeps over here sometimes went trick or treating. I'll ask her when she comes back.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Oct 2013, 11:15 pm

I heard knocking at our door 1ce for sure but there may of been another time or two. I'm in a lower income townhouse apartment & things aren't decorated so few would bother trying to trick-r-treat here but I heard lots of people passing on the sidewalk.
Where my parents live doesn't get trick-r-treaters but it's kind of rural, On a major highway in between a couple close cities, no sidewalk & houses are spaced out. There were a couple trick-r-treaters some years when I was a kid but those were kids who were next door or another house or so down.. My mom decorated, had the porch light on but that wouldn't help due to the bad location. Other neighbors who usually had their porch lights on would turn em off on Helloween

~King Of The Hill

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 9:44 am

My next-door-neighbor was on her porch with her Halloween orange ilghts on when we got home from work last night, so my son went up in his old-timey golfer outfit that he wore to preschool and said, the line I taught him, "Tricker-treat, smell my feet! Gimme something good to eat!" It rained too much for us to go out anywhere.

SparklyJacket
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2013, 9:52 am

Halloween isn't quite as big in the UK as it is in the USA (although it's getting there) but we've not had any Trick or Treaters call at our house for years and to be honest we're quite glad of that.

My parents never agreed with trick or treat when my sister and I were kids and we were never allowed to go and because of that my parents didn't give to other kids who'd knock at the door either. We used to have a sign to put in the window but we've not bothered with it in latter years.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm

It rained here, in the past years the number of kids has dwindled down to next to nothing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 11:18 pm

Lots of people along my street, but with the Missus and I at the back-yard firepit, we never heard anyone ring or knock.

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2013, 12:03 am

Git off mah lawn. Stupid kids.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 12:50 am

every year we get treats just incase we get trick or treaters. i think in the 15 years we have lived in this house we have only had something like 3 visits from trick or treaters.

i live in australia, where halloween is mainly seen as an excuse to have a party.

The family and I went to the Melbourne General Cemetery to do the night tour. It was very interesting. Focused on history and cemetery symbols. Apparently when it comes to restoring a grave, the key is not to overclean it. Also don't paint the rails. use fish oil on them.