01 Nov 2013, 10:12 am

I. Introduction
II. Definition of Attitude
III. My Personal Story
IV. Attitude and Falsifiability
V. My Sentencing
VI. My Execution

Introduction

After days of my being on trial for displaying a negative attitude the prosecution laid out the charges before the court and describing the circumstances of the crimes that I committed. My crimes were 50 counts of having a negative attitude. The penalty for this heinous crime against humanity is death. It is the year 2024 six years after this law was passed. Two years ago, Gideon vs. Wrainright was overturned which meant that if one could not afford an attorney one would not have one appointed to him. This meant I would not receive counsel or representation.

After the prosecution rested, I addressed the court by saying “Your Honor, I have a communication problem and the only way I can present a defense is by reading here what I have written otherwise I do not know how to defend myself any other way. May I do this?” The judge said “The defendant may proceed. “

Definition of Attitude

To start off with your honor Attitude is a position of the body indicating a particular mental state as the oxford dictionary states. There is a circular nature of attitude and this is what is accepted in our American cultural, society and our body politic. The circular nature is as follows my outcomes can cause my attitude and my attitude can cause my outcomes and problems. Many people in our modern day society focus on one of the components to an extreme at the huge disregard of the other. My position of my body and my mental state is looked at first before anything else.

My Personal Story

In order to illustrate what I am conveying, Your Honor, I am going to narrate an event from my personal life. I was pulled over one time for reckless driving because I panicked when I overslept through my alarm. I was taken to the holding cell for eight hours. They told me I would be released within the hour. A few months later I had my day in court. A fine had to be paid and I had to go to a driving school. Before this time, I had major problems driving and switching lanes. I did not know how to do it that well. As I was taking the class, the instructor Mr. James Brock, told us all what to do.

He said and I am paraphrasing that before I switch lanes I need to look in my mirrors and make sure I can see the car’s full bumper and headlights. He said to speed up a little to see if anyone was in this lane. This was the instruction I was missing. I was able to incorporate this in the way I drive and I was able to improve my driving in a profound way. Mr. Brock even said he would tolerate no nonsense and anyone who fell asleep would be kicked out and anyone who didn’t take notes would be kicked out. He was very detailed and he told us word for word what to write down. It was very concrete. It was one of the easiest courses I ever took. Your Honor, if it may please the court I am going to explain what falsifiability is and how it relates to attitude.

Attitude and Falsifiability

The generally accepted belief about attitude is that it is one of major causes of success or failures. Henry Ford said “if you think you can or can't then you’re right.” This is the essence of positivity and negativity. What the belief is saying is that one’s attitude is so strong this very belief will affect a person’s ability either way. Falsifiability means that there is an inherent possibility of proving a hypothesis or theory false. Attitude, the way it is thought of in America and both positive and negative, is not falsifiable. The reasoning is because by the very act of refuting this line of reasoning is considered having a negative attitude. In science and statistics, one does not try to prove a hypothesis one tries to refute this hypothesis by having a null hypothesis.

An example of this is the hypothesis that All Swans are white. This is a considered a universal hypothesis which would be very difficult to prove because one would have to find and catalogue every Swan in existence. Instead, scientists try to refute this universal by trying to prove the null hypothesis which is “Some Swans are not White.” If a scientist finds a swan that is black then this scientist has refuted the original hypothesis.

As stated before, “The hypothesis is attitude is affecting a person’s ability either way.” The null hypothesis to this is attitude is not affecting a person’s ability either way. This means something else, which will be referred to as x is affecting the ability either way. By attempting to prove this null hypothesis that x other than attitude is affecting the ability either way is considered a form of negativity as well. Our American society would regard this as having a negative attitude if one attempts to refute the original hypothesis.

Your Honor, the prosecution who is a representative of American society has brought up the charge of a negative attitude as the cause of my issues and American society rejects anything negative in outlook. Before 2018, it used to be a matter of social ostracization‎ now it has been legally codified as a federal statute. I have attempted to mount a defense and by the conception and idea of defense no defense I give would ever exonerate me from this charge. This is because by attempting to defend myself by stating I cannot with reasons even if the reasons were proven, I already demonstrate negativity. This means the charge is a non-falsifiable and non-defendable charge. By the nature of the charge itself I ask the jury to not only find me not guilty but to examine the law unto itself out and nullify it. By the way, laws set precedent. Can this law be interpreted to mean one can’t defend himself from a charge at all?

The Sentencing

After I said all of this, I told the court “The Defense Rests.” The judge told to jury that they had to deliberate the facts of the case. After an hour the jury came back in and the judge asked them if they had reached a verdict. The foreman of the jury said “Yes, your honor we have reached a verdict. The bailiff took the verdict out of the foreman’s hand and handed it to the judge. The judge took the verdict, looked at it and gave it back to the bailiff who gave it back to the foreman. The judge asked the foreman to read the verdict. The foreman read the verdict and said “We find the defendant guilty of all 50 counts.” After the reading of the verdict, the judge told me what my sentence was which the mandatory minimum was and it was death. The judge told me “By the virtue of the law there is only one sentence I can pass which is death. You are to be remanded to the Arkwell Correctional State Institute for your sentence of death by lethal injection immediately.

My Execution

After my sentencing, I was taken by two burly and muscular guards to the Arkwell Correctional Institute table and was told to lay on it the table when we reached the execution chamber. The doctor hooked three needles to my arms. Two of them were drugs to put me to sleep and the final one was to execute me. I felt myself going to sleep and then finally I took the big, gigantic, celestial, dirt nap.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 1:05 pm

In your Orwellian picture of the future do you think you would be executed by lethal injection before your body was stripped for usable parts (i.e. lungs, kidneys, etc.)

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 1:22 pm

timf wrote:
In your Orwellian picture of the future do you think you would be executed by lethal injection before your body was stripped for usable parts (i.e. lungs, kidneys, etc.)

It's a satire, lampoon and exaggeration of certain beliefs in American society and my dealings and interactions in it.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 4:32 pm

Muh Freedumbs f**k Yeah :lol:

My deviant art profile

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 4:33 pm

The literary estate of Franz Kafka has nothing to fear.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 4:59 pm

visagrunt wrote:

meaning??

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2013, 1:48 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
visagrunt wrote:

meaning??

:lol:

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 1:52 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
visagrunt wrote:

meaning??

Meaning that your theme is unoriginal, your writing style banal and your protagonist evokes no sympathy from the reader.

Kafka did it first, and he did it better. If you are going to revisit the themes of The Trial you will have to exercise a great deal more literary effort.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 5:51 pm

visagrunt wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
visagrunt wrote:

meaning??

Meaning that your theme is unoriginal, your writing style banal and your protagonist evokes no sympathy from the reader.

Kafka did it first, and he did it better. If you are going to revisit the themes of The Trial you will have to exercise a great deal more literary effort.

Well my friend

a) I am not a literary expert.
b) I never claimed to be a literary expert.
c) I don't expect the protagonist to ever receive sympathy from the reader nor care to.
d) It was a cathartic release for me.
e) Your response leads me to elicit further inquiry. If everyone is trying to be original and this is encouraged as a value and a lot of people try to do this then how does originality truthfully exist? It is said that there is nothing new under the sun. Why does one have to be original anyway? Why is originality always noble and banality and unoriginality always ignoble? This is what confuses me about the USA. It's like we're supposed to conform to originality and individuality? Everyone is supposed to have their own personal brand. Why? Why is banality frowned upon?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 9:05 pm

I agree with you-the OP-that it doesnt have to be original.

But I agree with Vis that your thing just doesnt work as humor.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 12:20 am

Truth doesn't have to be funny to be true.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 12:30 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:

To start off with your honor Attitude is a position of the body indicating a particular mental state as the oxford dictionary states...............

yes indeed. i find the defendant guilty. take him away.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:01 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I agree with you-the OP-that it doesnt have to be original.

But I agree with Vis that your thing just doesnt work as humor.

It wasn't supposed to be humorous or funny. Like I said, it was a cathartic release for me and it worked. This was one of the main goals. I was doing a form of Sublimation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimation_(psychology)

I do not expect to win a Pulitzer or any kind of scientific prize. So, for the most part I agree with Visagrunt. Basically, I'm just sick of the American Culture's Positivity nonsense especially all of this positive attitude nonsense in which the culture frowns upon negative statements and negative emotions. In America, one is supposed to put on this front of phony optimism and everyone seems to one up each other in this hustling game. It is claimed that one has all of this freedom in America, tolerance, and one is supposed to be individualistic.

Things that are promoted in America are opposite from what they truthfully are. Why is everyone told to be themselves when it certainly is not the case at all. If we have all of this freedom then why do we have 1000s upon 1000s upon laws on the books and why are there so many cultural rules as well? Why are things so cookie cutter and so uniform including employers? If we're all so free and if the culture is tolerant then why is it true that anyone who deviates from the mainstream culture is ostracized? Why is deviation from the norm frowned upon, contrary to what is said. The actions of the culture is completely opposite of what actually is promoted?

Even you Fnord said "Conform or Die". Did you say these words? You claim this as truth right. One success in America is completely dependent upon conformity, capitulation and compromise and you're the one who has to do all of this compromising in this hustling and conformist culture which promotes itself as an individualistic and original-thinking style culture. It's like Be yourself and Be true to yourself really means to conform meaning one word or phrase means its' opposite. Am I correct in the things I say here? The truth of all of this is stranger than any fiction I have ever read.

Hence, I was releasing my negative emotions behind all of this in a mature way using Sublimation.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:03 am

Fnord wrote:
Truth doesn't have to be funny to be true.

Actually, you're right. It does not have to be funny to be true. This was not intended to be funny.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 9:36 am

Visagrunt,

f. Until you brought the author up, I never heard of him.
g. I have never heard of the story until you brought it up.
h. I never read the story until I read it on Wikipedia a minute ago.
I. My writing is completely different from the authors and have nothing to do with each other.