Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 2:54 pm

I always thought MAD was much better than Cracked. MAD was usually funny while Cracked was just stupid.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 12:46 am

There are times that I wonder if the staff of Cracked are high on Crack when they write that garbage.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 4:07 am

I don't find stuff like this too offensive. My measure for whether or not it's something for me to get upset over is, would I say something back to the person in retaliation if I met them?
I like the British comedian Stephen Fry but during an episode of his quiz show QI the panel were talking about autistic savants and some of their amazing abilities but Stephen balanced this with something like 'but some of them you wouldn't trust to sit the right way around on a toilet'. It wasn't just what he said but he actually sounded really disdainful and almost angry. Then recently I was reading a movie review book written by an Aussie film critic called Marc Fennell where he insults a lead actor by saying he has all the charisma of an asperger's afflicted something something (can't remember the rest). I might be a bit offended but it's not that big a deal because if they said it while I was around I wouldn't feel the need to make fun of Fry's sexuality or lifelong manic depression or make fun of Fennell's Indian heritage bt saying something racist. I think autism, especially asperger's, is topical right now and people seem to think that makes it fair game. Who cares, if you wanted to insult them all back you'd have to be a racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise politically incorrect pig. No one needs that so meh.