Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Do you have more than one disorder/syndrome in the Autism spectrum?
Yes (ADHD and AS) 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Yes (AS and other) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes (ADHD and other) 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
No (AS only) 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
No (ADHD only) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No (other) 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9

permian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Nov 2013, 5:16 pm

On Friday I went to see a doctor that works on adolescents, depression and mental health. I've had problems in school and at home lately (probably the stresses of moving) and I was diagnosed with ADHD.

Later that day I found out as a little kid my mum was told to look for signs of ADHD after I was diagnosed with AS and she ignored it because she didn't believe I had it.

I've been taking ADHD medication lately, they work okay, other than make me a bit sick, the maximum dose is 4 tablets, they usually make me take 2, they made me take 3 this morning which I think is a bit too much.

Sorry for boring you all, I just wanted to get this out there and this seemed like the best place to do it :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 9:25 pm

you needed other options in the poll.

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2013, 10:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
you needed other options in the poll.

You are correct Auntblabby, but the available options might overflow the maximum page size limit.

However comorbidity of AS and ADHD might also conflict with the theory of one Aspie whose web page speculates that autism, OCD, AS and ADHD are all the same thing developing at different times during childhood. That link follows:

> http://theemergencesite.com/Tech/TechIs ... rs-ADD.htm

This also fits in with an unusual post I am about to make about comorbidity that drew me to this site tonight for the first time in many, many months. Link will be edited into this post after the fact. So with no further ado...

That link follows:

> http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt244220.html