I think I'm going to open my copy of Digital Devil Saga.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 5:22 pm

At the beginning of this year I completed my ps2 Megaten collection by purchasing Devil Summoner(the first one) and both Digital Devil sagas for $20 or less a piece on Amazon, new. I have no idea what kind of sorcery that was, since those games used to be very valuable, especially new, mint in package, copies, but I did not question it. I bought these games for the sake of playing them of course, but the longer I leave things in package, the more it stings to open one of them, and they are all still in their package. I have no idea if I bought a reprint, or if the market on these games crashed, or simply just hit a low that has since rebounded, so I'm definitely going to have to look into what the value is of these games.

Regardless, opening a new ps2 game at this point in time has to upset some kind of balance, and if not, it's definitely a sin against collectors, so I'll have to find out if I have to perform before I do it. Is confessing this sin on the Internet sufficient? If not, should I wait for the full moon in two weeks? If I have to do a ceremony, I'm definitely going to do it at night, and I'll for sure be lighting a candle. I have some ideas, but I'm not sure if they're adequate. My friend isn't going to support me in this ceremony because he says he doesn't want to get involved in anything that could bring about bad karma. Does anyone else have experience with opening up ps2 games in this day and age? What did you do to repent for this sin? Am I making a big mistake? Discuss.:D

Edit: Uh-oh. I think I played with forces beyond my ken. My spell must have been inadequate. I looked up the value of the game and it's still worthless, so I figured I would just skip the ceremony, and forgo waiting till night, and just say a short prayer to God while holding my hand on my 4-leaf clover as I unwrap the game. Well, my ps2 controller is glitched now, so I have to get it fixed. I'm thinking I dodged a bullet due to staving off most of the curse with my 4-leaf clover. Some idiot just cut me off on the highway, so I almost died, but didn't. I should be on my guard though. I might have circumvented the will of whatever malevolent force I stirred up by playing the game anyways on my ps3(which is b/c). I wanted to play it on my ps2 though.:( Oh well, I'm playing it on my b/c ps3, which is something a lot of people would kill to be able to do.

The game's not bad so far, but I'm not nearly far enough into it to have much of an opinion. I'm currently raiding some idiot's fortress, who put up a wall that I could easily get around by going upstairs(seriously, he obviously doesn't know how to deal with invaders). The premise of the game is interesting enough. I'm not sure I quite grasp all the intricacies of the game's world and its mythos yet, but I grasp the basics, and it isn't a hard story to follow so far, so that's ok. I'm guessing Atlus's English dubs weren't quite as good back when they localized DDS as they have been since the late ps2 era, and their translation work is a little more rough around the edges than I'm used to from them. The game looks a little dated, but it's actually a little older than I thought it was, and I don't play retro games for the graphics. Well, I'm enjoying the game so far, but I'm not sure it was worth what I did. I guess time will tell.