Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 6:48 pm

I have been watching a lot of dutch and brittish television for quite some time now. Since I still have digital tv I can receicve all the BBC channels as well as a fair amount of dutch channels ofcourse.

Lately I have been having these vivid nightmares of dutch and brittish tv folk fighting each other till death in an old style roman arena. They battle themselves through all kinds of gruelling and bloody games to amuse the spectators. It gets really scary when the predictable pack of hungry lions is released upon them. I am always an impartial spectator in the midst of a cheering crowd when I am having one of these nightmares. I just watch it all, filled with a mixture of horror and disbelief.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 7:16 pm

It's always interesting to see who gets taken out in the first round but we, the crowd, don't dwell on it. We quickly move on to the next casualties.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 8:13 pm

Unfortanetely the vast majority of the contestants will not get through round one.

The first losers are a dutch male duo that are hosting a late night talk show, Pauw & Witteman for the dutch insiders on this forum. They have had the honour of delighting us with their tv presence for many years but now it's time for them to focus on something else. As soon as they enter the arene they are being knocked down by the entire team of Newsnigt. It's sad but all good things have to come to an end. That's life and have lovely evening.