Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Walabi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2013, 2:52 pm

my special interests are minecraft, animals , my iPod,......

what are yours? :D

PikachuDenkiNezumi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2013, 3:55 pm

Pokemon.

The creatures fascinate me. They feel real to me, despite them being imaginary 3D models in a video game.

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Nov 2013, 4:18 pm

I have developed a new special interest in person-to-person interactions.

I'm fascinated by people's reactions to the things I say. By my own reaction to their reactions.

I'm fascinated by advertising techniques online, on tv, and on the radio. Why did they choose that wording to get someone to believe this, or to care about that? Why did the other radio station take the opposite approach? Which is more likely to get somebody's attention and make them tune in at 6 o'clock? Why?

Why did someone reveal some information to one set of people and not to another? Why do my actions/interactions cause one person to see me as a joker and cause another person to believe that I'm only capable of being serious? Is it me, or is it them? (I'm not complaining, just analyzing)

I'm fascinated by 2 different people's point of view on a political issue and what tactics they use to illustrate their point. (or more importantly, to get someone to listen to them.) In Medicine or Psychology, I'm obsessed with analyzing the very concept of "malingering." (faking or exaggerating symptoms.) Or the opposite (assuming that has a name). I'm interested in the concept of people feigning dis-interest in something when they are really interested, and when someone would do this, and why.

I get obsessed with this stuff from time to time. I like it when this becomes my interest because when someone says/does something (maybe they did or said something to me, or about me ) it no longer makes me mad, rather just makes me over-analyze it, and sometimes laugh at how silly we all are as human beings.

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Nov 2013, 4:26 pm

PikachuDenkiNezumi,

As for me, and I think I could probably speak for a lot of people here, this is what is cool about being with this crowd. We don't care if your interest is in 3d models of imaginary creatures. Even if you are 3, 13, 33 or 93 years old. We know that those factors have nothing to do with the mechanics behind special interests.

Plus Pokemon were probably invented by grown men and women, and they were probably loving every minute of it!

Special interests are to be celebrated!

PikachuDenkiNezumi

05 Nov 2013, 5:49 pm

Agreed, B_edward.

Another reason Pokemon fascinates me is because of the creatures. They're really interesting. Almost all of them are capable of metamorphosis (or evolution, as it's officially called), and they have different personalities.

Last edited by PikachuDenkiNezumi on 07 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 6:15 pm

My two main interests are math (but I'm not great at it), and music - specifically, complex music or progressive rock; although I do like other styles of music as well. I also love cartoons.

ColdHand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Nov 2013, 6:40 pm

Snakes & the philosophy of maths

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 4:50 pm

Weather.

LouHusky
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2013, 9:32 am

Science, maths and music, oh and I've recently got into developing websites too. I really love science and maths and hope to make a career out of them at some point, dad is trying to get me into college a couple of days a week so I can get some US qualifications as I only have 4 standard grades from Scotland, A*s in maths and double science and A in english language.

Louis

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2013, 8:01 pm

cats and certain TV shows

Isis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2013, 4:06 am

Music, history, computer games, theatre productions and lily allen

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 5:06 pm

Well, I definitely love drawing, but I'm also pretty into video games. :D okemon for the win!

Goaty
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2014, 1:35 am

My interests are minecraft

EmperorNorton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2014, 4:23 pm

History, geography, and airsoft. I will not shut up about them.

EmperorNorton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2014, 4:23 pm

History, geography, and airsoft. I will not shut up about them.

webkinzlover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm

I llove webkinz and am 11. Does anyone else???