Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 11:19 pm

Does anyone else work in a type of job like this? Our job is pretty multi-faceted: We have to monitor employees to make sure they're on the phones or doing what they're supposed to be doing, we look at staffing and service level issues, we make sure their schedules are correct, we make sure they're receiving the right types of calls, we process requests from supervisors and managers, we have 3 monitors open to check emails and to keep a watch on everything, we have multiple programs open at once, etc. It's a pretty multi-faceted job, and I seem to do it at least OK. I've been here 4 years.

The only thing is, other than working in such a position elsewhere, and this position doesn't seem that common, I have no idea what kinds of jobs this could go for. Dispatch, I guess. But what else?

Anyone else in this kinda job?

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 11:34 am

beneficii wrote:
Does anyone else work in a type of job like this? Our job is pretty multi-faceted: We have to monitor employees to make sure they're on the phones or doing what they're supposed to be doing, we look at staffing and service level issues, we make sure their schedules are correct, we make sure they're receiving the right types of calls, we process requests from supervisors and managers, we have 3 monitors open to check emails and to keep a watch on everything, we have multiple programs open at once, etc. It's a pretty multi-faceted job, and I seem to do it at least OK. I've been here 4 years.

The only thing is, other than working in such a position elsewhere, and this position doesn't seem that common, I have no idea what kinds of jobs this could go for. Dispatch, I guess. But what else?

Despite what you might read or hear in the MSM, jobs today are scarce. My recommendation would be to hang on to the job you've got if at all possible. Good luck.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 1:42 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Despite what you might read or hear in the MSM, jobs today are scarce. My recommendation would be to hang on to the job you've got if at all possible. Good luck.

Unfortunately, I need sex change surgery, and this job ain't helping me move toward that. If they don't provide it, I'm going to eventually leave it. I just want to be as prepared as possible.