Why people fall in love or get married?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

greyrobin
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2013, 8:51 am

I'm in my young adulthood but I still cannot think of why people fall in love with each other or get married. I know there are NT kids who date with each other since primary school but t's just like a mystery forever to me. I even couldn't understand why everyone needs a friend to stick with until 16. And now I can't tell the difference between friendship and love between couples. And now there are also homosexual love. I'm just getting increasingly confused. Is it just me or it's common among Aspies?

--------------------------------------------------------
RAADS-R: 174
AQ: 42
Aspie score: 168 of 200
neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 28 of 200

Diagnosed Aspie at age 19

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 8:56 am

let's put it this way, if people didn't love each other then there would be no babies and if theres no babies we would all be extinct.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 9:00 am

I heard women say to me, they married, then fell in love and then got themselves a baby.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 9:02 am

cuz humans want to find that special someone. Don't ask me why.

greyrobin
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2013, 9:06 am

Well a friend can also be a "special someone". Is that means love = friendship + sex?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 9:07 am

Because people brains creates lucky-hormones, when having positive experiences during the contact with another person, so the instinctive part of the brain simply recognizes "spending time with person xyz = benefit for me" and so pushes you to have contact with person xyz again.

Or simply: Because it makes people happier.

Dont bother yourself if you dont have similar feelings. If contact with a person doesnt benefit you, then it doesnt benefit you, and if it will benefit you, then it will benefit you.

No reason to push yourself to do something, if you dont feel a benefit from doing so.

greyrobin
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2013, 9:14 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Because people brains creates lucky-hormones, when having positive experiences during the contact with another person, so the instinctive part of the brain simply recognizes "spending time with person xyz = benefit for me" and so pushes you to have contact with person xyz again.

Or simply: Because it makes people happier.

Dont bother yourself if you dont have similar feelings. If contact with a person doesnt benefit you, then it doesnt benefit you, and if it will benefit you, then it will benefit you.

No reason to push yourself to do something, if you dont feel a benefit from doing so.

Wow thank you! That's a very persuasive answer! :D

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 9:32 am

Falling in love is not something you can help or avoid

Humans and Country Music Stars alike have tried to find a way, though.

crubs
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm

Codyrules37 wrote:
let's put it this way, if people didn't love each other then there would be no babies and if theres no babies we would all be extinct.

You don't need love to make babies, you need sex.

Wafflemarine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2013, 6:14 pm

I think a lot of it is the world tells us we should and that is what happiness is and a bit of routine. Once you get used to someone you just want to keep constantly interacting with them. So then the emotional people create some crazy abstract idea then spread it around.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 6:18 pm

crubs wrote:
Codyrules37 wrote:

You don't need love to make babies, you need sex.

Believe it or not, Biology makes the two go hand in hand

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

07 Nov 2013, 2:53 pm

My sister got married, but I'm not sure I want to, personally, because it's not as cracked up to be, as a few of my family members have told me. Maybe I should stay single, but at the same time, part of me wants a woman in my life....... what's a guy to do?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 3:24 pm

Watch Alfie.

Alfie:

Quote:
You know what? When I look back on my little life and the birds I've known, and think of all the things they've done for me and the little I've done for them, you'd think I've had the best of it along the line. But what have I got out of it? I've got a bob or two, some decent clothes, a car, I've got me health back and I ain't attached. But I ain't got me peace of mind - and if you ain't got that, you ain't got nothing. I dunno. It seems to me if they ain't got you one way they've got you another. So what's the answer? That's what I keep asking myself - what's it all about? Know what I mean?

:lol:

What's it all abouttt, Equestrioooooolaaaaa?