Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Guardian452
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2018, 2:11 pm

I met my last girlfriend on OkCupid, and we dated for almost eight months (my longest relationship so far). However, most my experiences with online dating have been pretty hit and miss. I ended up going on a date with a girl I met on Tinder a couple of months ago, and while it wasn't awful, when we were texting afterwards she said I wasn't her type to date but I'm a decent lad, just really awkward (which I found ironic as my awkwardness was something my last girlfriend loved about me).

Most the time though, I find I'll be sending messages and swiping with little to no response, although most the girls I see on there aren't people I'd be interested in or compatible with anyway. I'm definitely not the least attractive guy around (I'd probably say I'm at least a 7/10), so I think it's down to my nerdiness and my love for obscure Hardcore, Emo, Punk etc bands that's putting people off.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 4:25 pm

I tend not to like necros but this has gained some reasonable activity, so...

I find a lot of the stuff said in the original post to be true of people who have nothing else to offer but their material nature. Even in the last five years dating has changed a lot for people under 40.

RavenShark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2018, 6:55 pm

Awful.

I got sick of sending messages and no replies. I got sick of wondering what magic words I need to use to get any attention on my profile. I got sick of trying to post the right picture (online dating only reinforced my certainty that I am hideous and borderline disfigured).
Men under 6'0" are all but invisible to women, and at 5'8", I can't grow taller and I am not willing to be sleazy and lie by adding a couple of inches on my profile.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 9:50 pm

This may be an old thread, but even one of the recent responses continues the frustrating phenomenon of a man announcing what women want (or don't want), as though it's all of us.

6'0 is close to my UPPER height preference! And I'm not short. My absolute ideal is 5'9-5'10, with flexibility in both directions. 5'8? No problem.

Who cares if most women want to date tall men? A man is not, I presume, doing online dating to meet all the women...most straight men who are looking for a relationship just want to find one woman who suits them, right? So you don't want to be in contact with the women who don't like your height anyway.

There might not be POF for you, but there might be one fish! Basically, if you go on dating sites simply to increase your chances of finding someone, you won't be setting yourself up for disappointment.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 3:40 am

The no job is usually a dealbreaker for hard working people. Most jobless people I’ve met are greedy and lazy. Expect the world yet offer nothing to society but greenhouse gases. No car though is often seen as a very normal thing in large cities.

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2018, 10:46 am

hale_bopp wrote:
The no job is usually a dealbreaker for hard working people. Most jobless people I’ve met are greedy and lazy. Expect the world yet offer nothing to society but greenhouse gases. No car though is often seen as a very normal thing in large cities.

Well, exactly. I agree with you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Sep 2018, 12:59 pm

I tried most every dating site I could think of except for 1s that had themes I didn't fit into like christian dating, black people meet, ect. I messaged any woman who didn't have a kid & wasn't much older than me & who I thought I'd might have half a chance with based on things they said about what they wanted or didn't want in a partner & other things in their profiles. Almost no women messaged me back & the few who did all quit replying after a couple messages. My conclusion is that dating sites don't work well for disabled guys even sites that are supposedly for disabled people. I had no luck but bad offline either thou. I had women offline tell me they thought I was gay or the women got upset with me when i made a move. I would of gone the mail-order bride route if I had the money & resources & I would of took in a woman who needed a place to stay if I would of had my own place.
I actually met both my exes & current girlfriend on online forums, the ladder two were on this one. I think my personality comes off better on them for the rite kind of women but the rest of the women had no interest in me except for being just friends.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition