Star Trek Deep Space Nine: In Purgatory's Shadow

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 9:10 pm

In this episode we find out that Dr Bashir has been a prisoner of the Jem'Hadar and a changeling has replaced him for some time. When we see him he's wearing his regular starfleet uniform that was present from season 1 to the season 5 episode The Ascent and then in the following episode Rapture the starfleet officers start wearing the matching grey uniforms with their represented colours underneath that was first present in the movie Star Trek First Contact. So we know that in Rapture that Bashir is the changeling. But does anyone know at some point when the real Bashir was captured? What episode before Rapture can approximately be the first time we see the fake Bashir?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 7:48 am

Doesn't matter. After the new uniforms were out, it wasn't uncommon to still see Starfleet personnel wearing the old ones.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 3:49 pm

I thought they only still wore the old uniforms on Voyager cause they didn't know or care about the new ones being in the Delta Quadrant. It was also a good way to separate the show from DS9. However, one exception I can think of is DS9's Admiral Ross wearing an old uniform in an episode or two after the change.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 5:32 pm

Venger wrote

Quote:
I thought they only still wore the old uniforms on Voyager cause they didn't know or care about the new ones being in the Delta Quadrant.

Well they obviously didn't know about the uniform change as to having being lost in the Delta Quadrant for a couple of years but they did eventually regain contact with them and saw the new uniforms but because they were lost they couldn't get any. Clearly when they returned they wore the matching grey ones later on. We saw Janeway wear one in Star Trek: Nemesis.

zer0netgain wrote

Quote:
Doesn't matter.

I'm just a little curious mostly because one of the episodes that was close before the Rature episode was Trials and Tribble-lations the one were the DS9 crew crossover with Kirk's crew and I was wondering if that Bashir was the real deal or the Changeling.