When will PS3, XBOX 360 and Wii be come impossible to find?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 11:34 am

I'm just curious because I found this a PS One and PS2 on Amazon that are brand new. They've be "obsolete" for a while according to my brother! There's just so many games that I've missed out on :cry:

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

PikachuDenkiNezumi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Nov 2013, 12:09 pm

I don't think anytime soon.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 12:17 pm

If what happened with the Playstation 2 is any indication, I bet you've got at least 3 years before they stop putting X360/PS3 stuff on store shelves.
With Amazon/Ebay, nothing is truly obsolete :P

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 12:21 pm

there is a shop where i live where it is still possible to buy new PS2 and Original Xbox games off the shelf. Its now less than a month till the release of the PS4. With that in mind, and considering the PS3 was released in 2007, its going to be possibly at least another 7 years before acquiring PS3 games starts to become problematic. Even after then, there is always Amazon or E bay. Its pretty much possible to still pick up Atari 2600 games if you browse the internet enough.

Theres very few platforms that are strictly 'impossible' to buy for even now.

My deviant art profile

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 7:57 pm

I think maybe in 1000 years, though it would probably still be "possible" to find one...just not very easy.

Unless you mean "impossible to buy from a retail store, brand new". Because that's a different question.

timburtonrocks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm

3 or 4 years .

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 9:36 pm

You can still buy used Atari 2600 consoles. Given that the Nintendo sold more than three times as many Wiis, I don't think it will be difficult to find one while we are still alive.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 6:10 pm

The good ol' game corps like to wait wait until everyone buys and spends their money their old consoles and games, then abandon them and bring out the new and more expensive games. Although the PS 1 did stick around for a while and had new games after PS 2 came out. But that's the exception and not the rule, and I'm sick of it. That's why I'm getting any more new game consoles. I also wish I hadn't sold or given away some of my games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pikmin 1 and 2 and Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town because they're dang near impossible to find second-hand anywhere around here!