If you could ask God three questions what would they be?

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 9:43 am

b9 wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
??

1. If you want people to believe in the 'true' religion, why did you try to trip us up by inventing lots of fake religions?

2. Why is there no correlation between reward and punishment for the evil and good?

3. Why did you choose to omit 4.45 billion years of history from the bible (the dinosaur bit)?

maybe you should get rid of your angry looking avatar. your face detracts severly from what you say.

You're not a GTA fan, are you?

My deviant art profile

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 9:51 am

thomas81 wrote:
b9 wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
??

1. If you want people to believe in the 'true' religion, why did you try to trip us up by inventing lots of fake religions?

2. Why is there no correlation between reward and punishment for the evil and good?

3. Why did you choose to omit 4.45 billion years of history from the bible (the dinosaur bit)?

maybe you should get rid of your angry looking avatar. your face detracts severly from what you say.

You're not a GTA fan, are you?

i kind of am, but i do not recognize external ideas easily.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 9:59 am

whatever

Last edited by b9 on 14 Nov 2013, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:00 am

thomas81 wrote:
- can you make a rock so heavy you can't lift it? Image

I will take a stab at your question.

We have to entities called God and a Rock.

Let's assign God and Rock to G and R respectively.

Because of God's omnipotence God can change the parameters of himself and the rock. This means God can assign an infinite amount of mass to R and he can assign an infinite amount of mass he can lift to G which we will call God's strength.

To answer your question I have to give a very brief overview of infinity. Look at the set of real numbers. The set of real numbers is infinitely greater than the infinite amount of integers that exist. (1,2, 1/3,1/2) are all real numbers. The integers are -2,-1, 0,1,2,3,4,5...x. What is in between 2 and 3 and in between 3 and 4 and so on? They're more real numbers which are rational(non-integer) and irrational numbers. We have numbers which lie between integers plus the integers themselves we have real numbers which are infinitely greater.

God can set the parameters as follows.

If God's strength or G is infinitely >= than the infinite mass that the Rock or R has then he can lift the rock.

If God's strength or G is infinitely < than the infinite mass that the Rock or R has then he can't lift the rock.

There is your answer.

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2013, 10:11 am

Well, if God really is in the thread answering us: :D

* What is the all embracing answer to every question I have and will ever have?

* What are the actual limits to your ability to act?

* How shall I, or we, live totally securely without any nerve shredding fears anxieties hurts or human errors?

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:12 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
If God's strength or G is infinitely >= than the infinite mass that the Rock or R has then he can lift the rock.

If God's strength or G is infinitely < than the infinite mass that the Rock or R has then he can't lift the rock.

There is your answer.

Well yes, those are the options.

Put another way, you just said "if God is stronger than the rock, he can lift it - otherwise, he can't."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:24 am

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

There is your answer.

Put another way, you just said "if God is stronger than the rock, he can lift it - otherwise, he can't."

This.

Its just the same conundrum. Only with infinite values attached the quantities rather than finite numbers.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:28 am

If there is a God, I think a lot of the answers to our "nature of the universe" questions would be beyond our brains' capacities to understand. That's why there are so many parables in the Bible. God (if he/she exists) has to dumb things down A LOT for us. The Bible suggests that after we die and are no longer limited by our physical bodies (supposedly we will have perfect spiritual bodies) we will understand everything a lot more clearly. Right now, God explaining his Creation to us would be like a NASA engineer explaining rocket science to a goldfish.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:31 am

naturalplastic wrote:
sliqua-jcooter wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

There is your answer.

This.

Its just the same conundrum. Only with infinite values attached the quantities rather than finite numbers.

I don't follow. I do not perceive any conundrum at all in this particular case with God. God can change the parameters of the rock's mass and his strength to whatever he desires. There is no paradox or conundrum because the answer lies in whatever he decides to set up as the parameters.

Quote:

Yes, this is true. Why didn't I think of it in this simplistic manner? Why do I have the tendency to think of the most complicated and complex answer?

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:38 am

The rock question is a question of omnipotence.

If God can't make the rock, then he is not omnipotent.
If God can't lift the rock, then he is not omnipotent.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:42 am

1. Why do you fail to exist?
2. Why do you enjoy making people suffer?
3 Why do you expect us to kiss your ass every day and expect us to give up our individual freedoms just to make you happy yet grant us free will?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:52 am

Why haven't I had my period?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:55 am

YippySkippy wrote:
The rock question is a question of omnipotence.

If God can't make the rock, then he is not omnipotent.
If God can't lift the rock, then he is not omnipotent.

Since God can change the parameters of himself and the rock this particular question disproves nothing.

Let's look past this question to a more general question being asked. The real question being asked is since God is omnipotent is it ever possible for God to take away his own omnipotence and never have the ability to gain it back? The question is being asked is based upon the assumption that omnipotence is not possible to exist without bounds. I can prove otherwise with its negation which is that omnipotence is possible to exist within bounds.

It is very simple to prove this negation. I will show you with a geometric shape. It is called a circle. It has an infinite amount of sides and points with a finite diameter. This finite property is what constrains the infiniteness of the circle to what it actually is. We have empirical proof that infinity can be bounded within finite bounds. Why can't we take concept and idea and apply it to God? Why can't God's omnipotence be bounded to what is called his holiness? Why can't it be his holiness that does not allow God to sin, not be around sin, and not be a contradiction? Just like the circle has a nature that consists of a finite diameter, infinite sides, and infinite points why can't God be infinite within the bounds of his holiness? Why do you perceive that all sets of entities that can be omnipotence lack boundaries? The assumption that others have with omnipotence is all forms of omnipotence does not have bounds which I have shown through the example of a circle not to be true.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 11:26 am

Can God make 1 + 1 = 4?

Well, yes, but it would cause Your Head A Splode.

Also, this statement is false.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 11:41 am

I would ask my god:

1. Could you please talk to me more?
2. Could you give me a better memory?
3. Could you enhance my creativity?

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2013, 4:35 pm

1. Satan had became what he is today due to corruption by the sin of pride for his beauty, leadership, and power. But sin isn't suppose to exist in Heaven. So how exactly did Satan became corrupted?

2. What are the ''Seven Thunders'' the Bible referred to in Revelations?

3. In the most detailed way you can, how will the Beast of the Sea & Beast of the Earth take over the world for Satan's last stand?