Signs That A Man on the Autism Spectrum Likes You

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 6:56 am

They make no signs, that's why more than 50% of them probably die single.

Lostiehere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2013, 10:50 am

Spudz76: Okay...glad to hear that you do those same things when you like someone. I suppose since autism is a spectrum diagnosis...it can be like a spectrum of colors, in a sense. Meaning different shades of colors could be an analogy to different shades of personality/traits. This is why I think it's good for NTs to read more about autism and understand more about how although there may be some commonalities with people on the spectrum...not everyone will feel or act in the same ways.

FaceofBoo: Thank you for the reply. I hope that these things that he does are his particular way of trying to show affection and interest. If not, I may end up single, too. :o

chatty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2013, 9:05 am

hi there, i am involved with a man on the spectrum and would love to correspond with you privately...much to say, tho we are much older than you, i believe we might be able to share some insights here....xox, c

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2013, 10:39 am

Lostiehere wrote:
FaceofBoo: Thank you for the reply. I hope that these things that he does are his particular way of trying to show affection and interest. If not, I may end up single, too. :o

Write it in a letter or an e-mail.

Don't be predatory, but make a clear, categorical and comprehensive explanation that you are 100% interested in him and why. Make it that he has no possible room for doubt, or rationalisation, or "she didn't really mean it", or whatever else. No, ifs, buts or maybes. No hints. No prevarications.

I'm telling you - some of us autistic guys will literally ignore or reject (out of fear!) female interest when it is staring us blatantly and aggressively in the face.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2013, 2:08 pm

I would say that it is better just to talk to him and be blunt and to the point.

And, if you are interested in physical contact, then don't be hesitant to initiate it yourself.

Lostiehere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm

Thank you for all the help. :) I have decided to tell him when the time is right...until then, am hopeful that he is feeling the same way about me and that he can understand my need to wait a bit longer on this. If we can both be patient on this...we may have a real chance.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 1:47 am

Kaufmancab51 wrote:
you may have to ask him directly...You won't know until you are direct with him and asking him if he likes you or not. Try not to use subtle clues or anything obscure, you'll have to be very straight to the point and very down to detail by asking him.

This pretty much goes for any man, Aspie or not. Men just aren't good with subtlety when it comes to women.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 3:33 pm

Lol, when I like a girl, I avoid eye contact, avoid talking to her, when I do talk to her I get really nervous and lose what little charm I ever had, and generally appear like I dislike her. When I'm around a girl I like, I'm not very good at regulating what I say and can come across as an a****** without meaning to.

olivion20
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2014, 12:49 am

i believe that he likes you,
-autistic boys don't like to stare, so if he does then he is comfortable around you
-we usually do give more attention to people we like (duh)
-if he is slowing down, meaning not e-mailing you, it is to see if you are also interested. he wants to know if you would also start a conversation. he is not losing interest (trust me, i do the exact same thing)
-helping you is just a regular thing with autistic people (at least it is for me) but i still think that he likes you, just to nervous to say so.

autistic people like it when people are being direct to them. so ask him. :)