Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2007, 3:55 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

Do you think he already knows there is a group of people like that or should someone tell him.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 7:31 am

stripey wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

Do you think he already knows there is a group of people like that or should someone tell him.

OK, I'm about to write something I don't think I have before!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you IMAGINE! AUTISTICS! As the upper class he spoke of!? WOW! Who would have guessed! :lol:

If you told me that a few years ago, I would have laughed you out of the room, etc... WIERD! But YEP, I guess I'm autistic. I AM selective! If what gives me the good benefits is genetic, I could pass it on. WOW! AND, guess what folks! My math problem IS self speak. I think I actually AM good at math! :lol: That was really my only poor subject due to "ability".

And I have ALREADY met a lot of the lower class they specified. And none of the really bad ones I met would be classed as autistic! AND, though dumb, some are actually considered smart by their peers!

Steve

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 9:26 am

What a bunch of moose pucky.

The struggle of early man was to secure survival from the elements and a steady food supply. Language was a benefitial tool in hunting, and we learned to talk.

The struggle of bronze age man was to diversify and specialize labour, and to refine tools we needed science. The science of the time was practical and material knowledge about stone, metal and wood. We learned to read and write, to store our knowledge.

The struggle of iron age man, right through the middle ages was to organize large societies and to shape social thinking into a cohesive unit. It was organized religion that was the tool here, but at the cost of some earlier sciences. Our tool was the abstracted idea.

The struggle of victorian to 1950s man was the reduction of labour through the application of machinery. No longer would meat move mass, but steam and later hydrocarbons. We learned to build complicated and powerful machines.

The struggle of electronic man, from the 50s to the 1990s or so was to divest direct control of machinery and process from a labourers attention, further reducing labour. No longer would man have to pull levers, crank wheels and inspect gauges. We learned to automate.

Now I speculate.

The struggle of digital man is to organize on a grand scale. We seek to communicate in ways that transcend language barriers, distance and creed. Already there are rudimentary machines that operate based on thought. Our tool is the computer.

Quote:
Social skills, such as communicating and interacting with others, could be lost, along with emotions such as love, sympathy, trust and respect. People would become less able to care for others, or perform in teams.

Team thinking will deepen, empathy become easier to express, and all the rest more codified.

The struggle of man THROUGHOUT time has been to improve communication, and the fact that we are building more and more sophisticated societies, deepening our knowledge base, and becoming more able to express novel ideas is solely through the aquiring and invention of stronger language. We are heading in exactly the opposite way to what is quoted.

Though there is overlap in all of these ages, and some undesirable effects persist, humanity strives forward. Each age frees man enough think deeper, more profoundly.

The day will come humanity itself becomes self aware, just as individuals are.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 9:40 am

I hate to tell you, but I think it's already happening in the UK. Unfortunately, in the current climate in the UK the "Morlocks" seem to have been let loose to run amok - in fact several of them even appear to have gained celebrity status.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 9:46 am

Cernunnos wrote:
I hate to tell you, but I think it's already happening in the UK. Unfortunately, in the current climate in the UK the "Morlocks" seem to have been let loose to run amok - in fact several of them even appear to have gained celebrity status.

LOL ! !! ! LOL ! !!

Well spoken, mate.

TG
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2007, 9:52 am

I'm hoping that humans won't be around in the year 3000.
We are a virus on this planet.
We rip apart areas so we can be comfortable, then others join us. Our areas turns into a town, then a city, then roads connect them.
The concrete chokes the earth, killing it. Then we fly around the globe, others see how successful we have been in killing our part for comfort, and they start choking their area as well.
Viruses kill their hosts. I feel sorry for the natural life that was getting on just fine without us.
We weren't meant to be here.

Burocrat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2007, 11:45 am

A very interesting article. Mainly I do agree about this - that there will be upper and lower class people. But predicting evolution for a thousand years is I think a very big mistake. Why? Because human evolution will stop in about a couple hundred years - because most people will be cloned. And this is not science fiction. Just wait and see :) And in that situation physical attributes of humans will be genetically engineered, and not created threw sexual selection. I doubt there will be sex at all, and even if it will be, it will no longer be a method of reproduction. So saying that people will be tall and and mixed race would be not true - humans will be what they will want to be. Now this thing applies to the upper race. The lower race people will be poor, unintelligent (compared to the superior ones), physically weak etc. In that class sexual method of reproduction will still be alive, because people just won't be able to afford genetic engineering.
But that is just guessing. No-one knows what life will be hundreds years from now. Maybe all humans will be equal and all social and economical disparity around the world will be gone - Asia or Africa will be as developed as Europe, States and all the world. Guess well just have to wait and see.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 9:07 pm

Here in the US, people are getting rounder stomachs and bigger chins...lol Anyways, it would be cool to be the top race, although I imagine it would become something like an 'Aryan' autistic race; not like the Holocaust, but more of genetic discrimination (like in the movie Gattica). I also happen to think that the smaller person in the picture in the article looks like ET, which was totally off-topic but whoc cares! lol

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.