Anyone else feel like most other students are idiots?

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

JessiMuse
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2013, 8:11 pm

You know, every day at school, I can't help but feel that most people I encounter are idiots. While I do get along with a lot of people I know, there are some that make me wonder why I'm here with the rest of them.

Don't get me wrong, I do have fun, and tend to act immature sometimes, but the students at my school are either stupid, rude with no consideration for others, or both. And it's impossible to work with. I mean, there are times where I may seem that way with others, but at least I'm trying to cooperate. At least I'm trying to help settle things, but it seriously bugs me, sometimes.

I also notice that I get along with teachers more often then other students. Probably because I'm the only one who understands: "Don't misbehave and you won't get in trouble", in most of my classes.

So I wonder... Do any of you experience ignorant students at your middle/high school? Anyone feel like you're the only one with a decent mind? Or maybe you're one of the very few students that your teachers actually like? Feel free to share your experience with students that act like they don't have a brain. :)

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2013, 8:25 pm

I agree with you!
(Majority of) Students at my school...
-don't seem to think teachers can see cell phones in their hands.
-Don't understand when they get called out for holding a cell phone.
-Don't understand that they have to find answers themselves.
-Take twenty minutes to change in gym clothes at beginning of class, two minutes to change back at end of class. (i read a book).
-Memorize instead of understand
Teachers aren't off the hook either. Quite a few are naive to cheating and do not control a class effectively.

PikachuDenkiNezumi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

I really, really do. I complain about it a lot, then my brother always gets really mad at me for it, even though he doesn't go to the school.

JessiMuse
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2013, 9:16 pm

Good to know I'm not the only one. :)

@Epsilon: I experience a lot of that at school. Especially with the cellphones. I also hear them cussing out the teacher when they don't get their way, which I feel sorry for the teacher when that happens, because they're only doing their best. (My parents won't stand for a lazy teacher, and always demands teachers who do their job effectively, and care about my needs and what's on my iep)

@PikachuDenkiNezumi: Have you tried telling him that it's true, and that you're not exaggerating. If that doesn't shut him up, say something like: "Try going to school with me." :lol:

(By the way, I love both your profile pictures.)

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 10:01 pm

I had this problem in high school. Nobody ever raised their hand to ask questions. And so many students didn't pay attention. I was surrounded by idiots. It wasn't that I was so smart, it was that they didn't care.

PikachuDenkiNezumi

18 Nov 2013, 10:11 pm

JessiMuse wrote:

@PikachuDenkiNezumi: Have you tried telling him that it's true, and that you're not exaggerating. If that doesn't shut him up, say something like: "Try going to school with me." :lol:

(By the way, I love both your profile pictures.)

It's not necessarily that he thinks that I'm exaggerating, but he thinks I'm self-centered and think I think better of myself than everybody else, which is certainly not true. So every time I try to make any teeny bit of criticism about anybody, he rants and rants.

Thanks for the compliment about the profile picture.

mastermind259
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2013, 10:19 pm

Yes. Yes I do think the majority of the rest of the students at my school are idiots. Many of the teachers too...but hey it's a public school.

BTW anyone who is irritated by these things, check out this thread in the School and College thread: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt245110.html :D

Aspie Quiz- 147 Aspie, 60 Neurotypical

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 5:12 pm

I'm anchored to this damn school in that damn city in this damn country. I feel like I'm surrounded hysteric, ret*d sociopaths, and it seems my classmates want to destroy my timpani.
Education is bad, I have not natural science classes, I hate mosth subjects (we only have social sciences), I can't work in groups and no one cares about me.

Most of my classmates can't graph x^2, but I'm not saying they are ret*d but lazy hypocrites.

LuigiDude

21 Nov 2013, 4:31 pm

I agree with you guys, a lot of students are idiots in my high school. There are kids in my school that always talk, act obnoxious, and manage to keep other kids from learning in class. It seems like so many people are immature in high school.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 2:24 am

I know what you mean.
Always goofing off.
Don't follow rules.
Rude.
Loud.
Talking garbage.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 9:12 am

I'm not in high school anymore but I definitely felt this way while I was there. It truly seemed as if I was the only one who cared about academics and acquiring knowledge and that everybody else was just biding their time until they could leave.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 11:46 am

Mindslave wrote:
I had this problem in high school. Nobody ever raised their hand to ask questions. And so many students didn't pay attention. I was surrounded by idiots. It wasn't that I was so smart, it was that they didn't care.

At my school it was the same. They never asked any questions until about one day before we wrote a test. Then they suddendly had many questions. They even didn´t learn about it when the teacher said: "You could have asked this weeks before, Why didn´t you do it?"
But they just complain how difficult it is and how much they have to learn at home. Of course you have to learn a lot when you spend the lessons with talking to your neighbor. Just pay more attention and ask at the right time, and it might get better!
I never understood this behavior.

JessiMuse
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Nov 2013, 12:03 pm

They obviously don't understand that their misbehavior DOES affect people who DO care about learning. And if they do, then they don't care.

Has anyone ever yelled at a student, or a class, for misbehaving? I have a couple times, but haven't gotten in trouble, because the teachers understand my frustration. (Plus, I rarely do it, so they know I have a good reason for it)

Although, what really bugs me, is when a student does something really bad, and the worst they get is a slap on the wrist. Seriously, we're not toddlers. These idiots need more discipline than that!

Also, has anyone ever had a teacher threaten to send a student to the principles office three or four times, and never really do anything about the misbehavior?

darkfuji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2013, 6:44 am

I've found that forming a niche with all of the more intelligent people causes this issue to all but disappear.

Zorrotrainer14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2013, 8:22 am

Oh Definitely! the other day I was in a group with some other girls and they kept blabbing really loud about how hot each others boyfriend is and other such things and I'm sitting to the side looking up how the Fibonacci sequence is related to music... I think if people didn't ignore me as they do, I would be bullied to no end I'm sure.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

its seems like none of the students care about their education and are to immature to realise unltill it is too late