People not listening to or believing you

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 5:27 pm

Do you have problems with people either not listening to you, ignoring what you say or accusing you of lying when you are telling the truth?

If so do you have any idea why?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

20 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm

Yes, this happens to me quite a bit. I dunno why, however.....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 5:32 pm

Yes , some people believe I lie about things like meeting Kenny Baker in Cardiff , they believe it's obsurd but it did happen and I don't see what I would gain from lying about it.

I reckon they secretly believe me and just keep on at me to get me angry for their own entertainment.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 5:33 pm

Yes, we're all entitled to listen to or believe whatever we want. But by the same token, we are also entitled not to pay these people a bit of attention.

Bottom line: If somebody else isn't interested in what we have to say, we shouldn't waste our time on them.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 6:14 pm

I have had my doubts someone believed me. If they don't listen to you or don't seem to understand, that is a hint. If they assure you you are fine but then they contradict it by getting mad at you ad insulting you by putting you down, that is also a hint. And of course if someone calls out a "contradiction" you did, and there was never one, that is also a hint. But I can't always tell because people don't always make it obvious or don't even tell you.

I say it's because people are stupid, they don't understand, people will believe whatever they want to believe. They can choose what is true and what isn't true.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 6:25 pm

There's only one truth, just different perceptions of it and the reality itself.

sen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2013, 7:45 pm

people do tend to talk over me a lot or just flat out ignore what i say and keep talking/change the subject.
and then they wonder why i never try to talk to them.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 8:09 pm

i have a "built-in" lie detector for myself

when i am telling the truth and the person doesn't believe me, i will get extremely mad.

if i am lying, i won't get mad, and i will have a smirk on my face.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 8:18 pm

That happens to me sometimes too.

Wreck It Ralph

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 9:45 pm

People, well mostly my outside friends, tend to not listen to me though I blame that on not speaking out loud enough. Though sometimes even when I do I'm ignored.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 12:44 am

Thelibrarian wrote:
Yes, we're all entitled to listen to or believe whatever we want. But by the same token, we are also entitled not to pay these people a bit of attention.

Bottom line: If somebody else isn't interested in what we have to say, we shouldn't waste our time on them.

I've dealt with a few of those types in the area in which I live. There's this one annoying woman who refuses to believe me about my gender issues and she doesn't seem to know how to just call me by my name, instead of using feminine prefixes which make me feel raped every time. I'm just going to ignore her the best I can from now on. That woman is also very immature and she has the vibe of a bully and she'll stand right on top of me waiting for an answer while I'm trying to change the topic.

I don't give myself bowl cuts to be feminine. I give myself bowl cuts to show the people in my town how much I look like a young Mick Avory, who happens to be a bloke. I never wanted to look like a girl or a woman.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 1:14 am

this happens to me especially when they ask how old I am then they look at me as though I have two heads if I tell them I'm 50 so now I say "Old enough".

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 9:23 am

I can't stand being shut out when I'm trying to get a point across.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 10:35 am

Most people just don't think I know what I'm talking about. It's very easy to dismiss me.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm

I ha when that happens, and I hate it even more because most of the times I happen to be right. Y'know, I have a fairly good intuition.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm

I hate when that happens, and I hate it even more because most of the times I happen to be right. Y'know, I have a fairly good intuition.