Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 4:58 pm

Just tell her that sometimes you think of something cool you want to tell someone and when that happens you want to tell them right then. The downside is that when you call her often like that you'll have to think up something cool. I can help with this.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

22 Nov 2013, 8:29 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Just tell her that sometimes you think of something cool you want to tell someone and when that happens you want to tell them right then. The downside is that when you call her often like that you'll have to think up something cool. I can help with this.

What should I say to her, in that sitch? And sure, you could help me. :)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 8:41 pm

equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

The cool things? Just find something cool and call or text her and tell her about it. Of course if the relationship works out and you get to be a couple, you can tell her later on that at first when you said you just sometimes had cool things to tell her that you were really just wanting to talk to her and she will think it's sweet. If you say it too soon she will think you are a stalker, so wait until you are a for real couple.

One good way is FB. You can send her links to stuff or just inbox her to say something that doesn't require an answer or something. I do that to people all the time when I don't expect a response, I just want to tell them something or show them something.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

The cool things? Just find something cool and call or text her and tell her about it. Of course if the relationship works out and you get to be a couple, you can tell her later on that at first when you said you just sometimes had cool things to tell her that you were really just wanting to talk to her and she will think it's sweet. If you say it too soon she will think you are a stalker, so wait until you are a for real couple.

One good way is FB. You can send her links to stuff or just inbox her to say something that doesn't require an answer or something. I do that to people all the time when I don't expect a response, I just want to tell them something or show them something.

My next Q: How soon is too soon?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm

equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

It depends. When was the date?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 9:27 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I, uh, last met up with her in late September.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 10:23 pm

equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
equestriatola wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I, uh, last met up with her in late September.

It's certainly not too soon. Text her and see how she's doing. I didn't know you were talking about that girl. You mentioned her on another thread I believe. Just text and ask if she wants to go somewhere and since she's busy a lot tell her to suggest a date and time and you'll treat. See what she picks. If she gives you an excuse every time then she's trying to politely say she's not interested, but give her a couple of tries because she might really be busy.

ETA; I would say that one call or text every few days is good while things are building, then over time you can get to the point where you talk every day. Try FB messages first because they are less personal seeming than a regular text. At least to me they are. I'll FB inbox people that I don't know well enough to call. I see FB as people just sitting around in a park. You can walk up to them and start a conversation if you want. Don't text her every time her chat thing shows that she's on though.

ETA Again: And don't do like I do when I inbox my friends on there. As you know I'll just talk and talk because it's FB, and not like your phone or something even though you may be reading FB on your phone. To me it seems more casual and stuff and people can turn off chat for a particular person and I do tell people that if I'm bothering them to let them know. But don't do that with her just yet. Keep it casual and spaced out and not too much at first. If you are starting to feel like you are me talking to her, it's too much lol.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 12:38 am

I did get to talk to her yesterday, and she did invite me to see the Disney movie Frozen with a few of her friends at some unknown point in the near-future. There may be a chance she may do something with just her and me.......... stay tuned.