Was it taking a shot at me or just attention seeking?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2013, 10:10 am

I have issues with a colleague at work; we ignore each other completely. Today, I was looking through an online brochure of a local store and called another colleague (who the colleague I have issues with is friends with) over to look at a playstation special because he likes playstation. While he was coming over, the issues colleague was coming over to chat to him and while the friend was looking over the special, the issue guy was standing behind us. I had the brochure open in chrome on one side of the screen and the ticketing system I was building was open in firefox on the other side. The issue guy suddenly said "I never seen such a nice ticketing system, you can even buy playstations on it!" Both the friend and I ignored the remark, and when the friend was done looking, he and the issue guy started to chat about the PS4 (note: the issue guy is not a gamer)

Just for some background: The directors were talking to all of us earlier in the week about how the company has been affected by the economy and that they don't want to be like other companies who can only pay a portion of their employees' salaries. My system is meant for the company, but I have already made a fully functioning version that is now live, with me working on the next version that has some extra features that are not crucial at the moment. We all are prone to take "breaks' like this from time to time and the issue guy is also prone to stand around and talk casually with his friend.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 11:09 am

Doesn't sound like either one to me. It sounds like he just made a joke that fell flat.

carthago
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2013, 11:21 pm

That would have been a good opportunity to smooth out the rift between you, by laughing about it and starting up a conversation. It wasn't a shot. It sounds like he was just trying to be friendly.