Poll ended at 17 May 2007, 7:27 pm
Yes 30%  30%  [ 10 ]
No 70%  70%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 33

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 10:23 pm

I wish I had more time to read all these posts, but we all hate Walmart with a passion! we only go when it is absolutely neccessary

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 2:42 am

At night, Wal Mart is okay. I tend to shop after hours, when most normal people are home sleeping and staffing is at a minimum. The prices are good.

By day, Wal Mart is a nightmare. Something is always beeping, some kid is always screeching or having an unchecked tantrum somewhere, the clatter of the carts with the squeaky wheels and the people who don't know how to moderate their volume on the loudspeakers (which in my opinion are used FAR too often) is enough to make me want to stab myself in the head with a fork. Further, they don't hire enough cashiers to handle the lines so I have walked out on more occasions than one, leaving my cart full of groceries because I was so overstimulated and irritated with my 25 minute wait in line that there was no end to in sight.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 9:15 am

Just another store to spend money at.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 4:29 pm

Personally, I won't go there unless I know exactly what I want and I get in and out as fast as possible. Walmarts are too confusing, cluttered, and overcrowded for me. Not a nice store to look around in. I get claustrophobic. Still, when you're a student and/or poor it's one of the best places for getting something cheap and quick.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Aug 2007, 5:25 pm

marshall wrote:
Personally, I won't go there unless I know exactly what I want and I get in and out as fast as possible. Walmarts are too confusing, cluttered, and overcrowded for me. Not a nice store to look around in. I get claustrophobic. Still, when you're a student and/or poor it's one of the best places for getting something cheap and quick.

Walmart is a necessary evil, it's convenient nothing more. I go there only if the "mom and pop"
stores in town don't have what I need.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 10:21 pm

Ooh, ooh, ooh...I have another one. My car had $500 worth of damage done by one of their carts. The management apologized and took pictures and gave me the number to call to have it taken care of. The corporate person I talked to asked trick questions and said they would not honor any claim as such, because I answered the questions wrong. This WM rarely cleans up carts and does not have a coral near the Lawn & Garden section, where it happened. This of course leads to more lazy people not returning their carts. The irony is, my whole life I have ALWAYS returned carts. I am anal about stuff like that, yet my car was the one that got slammed. The damage is still there, so I get a daily reminder.