Poll ended at 17 May 2007, 7:27 pm
Yes 30%  30%  [ 10 ]
No 70%  70%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 33

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 7:42 pm

I really have no opinion on Walmart, though I buy stuff there because it's fairly inexpensive, and open 24-7, so I can go there and not have to deal with long lines and crowds late at night.

Would I work for them. Most likely not. The people who work there choose to work there, and hopefully many of them go on to something better.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 7:46 pm

Walmart is where I'm going to be working at on the 12 of this month. I don't know why you and every person like you diswalmart. I'm on SSI and I don't think I really care about the walfare. I'm a Christian in the south and I don't think its hipacritcal.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 7:46 pm

AtomicPsycho would you pleasestop posting this on threads???? This is the third thread I've visited that you have mangled this way. Please stop.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 7:48 pm

I think this loon is a kid.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 7:58 pm

I just took a look at the number of flood spams that he did and he is filling every thread and comment.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:00 pm

I sent Alex a PM letting him know about atomic.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:01 pm

May I reccommend writing a letter to his ISP asking that his account be shut down?

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2007, 8:06 pm

where is alex when you need him

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:08 pm

I pmed Alex too but you see him doing anything? I even pmed this idot.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Feb 2007, 8:28 pm

I recently had several unpleasant experiences with them. The worse one to date, was when I purchased a Windows XP operating system, and found that I couldn't get my computer to accept it. But when I tried to return it, they refused to refund my money, just because I'd opened the package. Said I could have downloaded it. I asked to see a manager, and they pretended to page one. Kept me waiting about twenty minutes before I walked out. I guess the days of "The customer is always right" are dead and gone. Fortunately, Windows refunded my money.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Feb 2007, 8:31 pm

Sorry for the double post!

Last edited by hartzofspace on 06 Feb 2007, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoorahville
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2007, 8:32 pm

Wal-Mart's great. I worked there as a teenager. My step-mother worked there for a while in the photography department. My sister is getting a job there soon. I've had friends that have worked there. None of us were brutally beaten by our managers or forced to work at slave wages being chased around by a whip wielding smilie face. We even got 10% off everything we bought as we were employees. I also get my prescriptions from Wal-Mart for $4 each.

You'd swear it's some Indonesian sweat shop from the way people talk about it. If someone's useless enough that they have to make a career out of being a cashier, they probably shouldn't be expecting the whole retire at 40 with a severance package deal.

JBM wrote:
...and their blatant sexism: not offering female employees birth control, while selling condoms over the counter for $3.

What does that even mean?? lol. Birth control pills and things of a similar nature are prescription.

Was this post meant to be sarcastic?

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:36 pm

wal-mart has ruined millions of good jobs, well maybe not all good ones, but better ones

The company is scum and always was scum even when the old scumbag was alive.

There is no such thing as creating retail jobs, taking over other retail jobs is more like it.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:57 pm

To those that love walmart.....

Walmart is the ULTIMATE example of self fulfilling need, and perpetual downfall. You THINK you are getting paid, but you really AREN'T! You THINK they are creating jobs, but they AREN'T! As for their being a sweatshop? They enslave EVERYONE! Even those that think they are HIGHLY paid, even if "paid" $100,000USD/year are SLAVES!

So HOW could this be? HOW does this happen? WHY does my post sound so STUPID? Economics 101! Please follow!

YOU work there because you are paid. They keep costs down by paying LESS because of the huge volume, lack of competition, and low prices! *****YOU***** help them in this by working for them. OK, sounds ok, right? Just wait.....

Their competitors are hurt, have to cut back, and eventually go out of business. MORE people go out of work. Fewer shipments must be directed, so MORE people go out of work. They start ordering more offshore so more companies get hurt and MORE people go out of work. They can later raise prices, and you have NO CHOICE! This means fewer options for you(Meaning you can buy less), inflation(making your money worth less), and the country(ESPECIALLY big and relatively high living standard countries such as the US) gets hurt!

BTW much of this has happened and/or is happening, and other stuff has happened historically!

Steve

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:58 pm

Walmart doesn't enslave people. What then you enslaved too?

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2007, 8:59 pm

Walmart is the antichrist for someone like me. It's like going to Disney. I'm grocery store phobic, so compound that one hundred times and you have Walmart. I'd rather pull out my own toenails with pliers than go in there. Just the parking lot makes me get hives.