Page 6 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 9:56 pm

^^^ I'm not trying to take away anyone's fun lol. I just never really understood the whole chat culture. When I did smoke it was as a way to have a break away from everything so if someone came to talk to me I would feel like I haven't received the benefit of the break I came out for so would have to have another cigarette afterwards, on my own, to achieve this. And because smokers are supposed to be so extra friendly, distancing yourself during the cigarette break is seen as even a worse thing than just being someone who isn't very sociable to begin with. I'm really happy now that I don't have the physical addiction that compels me to seek another nicotine hit and consequently when I need to get away from everything I can just go somewhere quiet and remote - which tends to be easier to find when you are not restricted by the requirement that such space has to allow smoking as well.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 3:19 am

I've smoked about 2 cigars my entire life, both of which were these cheap Colts, and to be completely honest, I enjoyed them way too much for my own good. :P I've considered buying a pack of them on many occasions, but I don't want to become addicted and have to face things like health problems and social scrutiny. If I could afford it and I didn't have any family or friends to worry about, I would probably be a smoker.

I'm really curious about e-cigarettes, as they seem like they would be safer than normal cigarettes, but I don't know if the nicotine liquid they use is legal in Canada. I rather enjoy the effects of nicotine, and I don't see the point of smoking something that doesn't have any sort of a drug in it.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 12:17 pm

Smoking is a dreadful addiction. The physical symptoms hardly even matter, and are easily overcome. The social pressure, though, and the situational cues and reminders make it difficult to stay quit even if I find it easy to quit.

EchoNOLA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm

After smoking for 10 years (passively since birth) I've been smoke free for a year now. I want to light up every single day. It's a constant battle with myself.

It's a wonderful coping mechanism and I smoked a lot more when stressed and used it for that reason mostly. (And a social gateway to conversation.)

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2014, 11:37 pm

I've been a smoker for five years and I treat it like a friend that I need to spend time with to lower my stress, anxiety, and depression. I'm addicted to the great feeling of smoking, It's my way of coping with the world. I also love the smell aside from not enjoying other strong, bad smells. Also when I smoke, I become absorbed in the way the smoke swirls and creates shapes like the clouds. To me it's a form of art. I do like the smell of tobacco when it's on other people's clothes.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 2:31 am

Currently I'm living with about 3 people who smoke inside the house, and while it was a little bit rough for my throat at first, I quickly acclimatized. It's certainly not my first time being around smokers, or even spending prolonged periods of time around them though.

I will honestly admit as well, the smell of smoke lingering on things is strangely comforting to me. It reminds me of when I was younger and I had an uncle (now divorced) who smoked in his house. As well, I remember until about 10 years ago, smoking was much more common and it didn't seem like as big of a deal.

Another thing, whenever I look at old pictures and videos of my favorite rock stars (like Kurt Cobain), I often see them smoking, and they make it look SO cool, like "f**k you and your health concerns, I'm gonna puff away on this wonderful cancer stick". :P

No, I'm not trying to encourage anyone to smoke or whatever. These are just my honest thoughts.

Evacony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2019, 5:56 am

Nowadays there are many ways to quit smoking, everything one's needs is patience and desire.

deegood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2019, 8:25 am

Agree with the previous commenter - smoking can look really attractive and aesthetic, but the damage it does to health in general is hard to overestimate. I used to be a heavy smoker during two years (quitted thanks to vaping and I noticed my health got really worse since then, I felt bad and breathed even worse.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 3:20 pm

I hate smoking, and I don't believe Aspies smoke more than NTs.

I tried smoking when I was 12 but I never got hooked. I only did it a few times then didn't bother doing it any more. I had respect for my body even at that age.

I used to be impressed by men that smoked, back when I was a teenager, but I am not impressed by smoking at all now.

Smoking can make people selfish and inconsiderate, even if the person isn't a selfish person in general. I think smoking should be banned, period. It isn't fair on non-smokers that suffer the secondhand smoke. My boyfriend smokes indoors, and although he only smokes in the kitchen with the door closed and the window open, I can still smell it from the other side of the apartment. It permeates everywhere.

I don't believe anything good can come of smoking, yet so many people do it, blatantly ignorant of their health and the health of those around them. It's foolish, completely foolish, to deliberately fill up your lungs with disgusting harmful chemicals.

I wish they'd ban selling any type of cigarettes. If people want to damage their bodies then at least eat sugar. I say this because eating foods with sugar in doesn't exactly damage the health of other people like what smoking does, and also you can exercise.

I am strongly disgusted by smoking and I just can't understand what people see in it. As Aspies like bluntness and honesty, I will be blunt and honest: Shame on all of you who smoke. :x

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 3:02 pm

I tend to chain smoke now when I get the chance lol. I love cigarettes, though they kinda lose their magic if you have more than a few a day.