Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 2:02 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Wrong! When a nation wins a war by defeating those who attacked it -first- they automatically get the land that used to belong to their attackers. In a war there are Winners and there are Looser. The Palestinians and their Arabic speaking buddies have lost 3 wars (which they started, by the way) against the Israelis. Why won't those "damned Jews" loose like they are supposed to?

Well, thats the spin of selective history at work.

I'd argue that the ISRAELIS started the war, by imposing their rule upon an unconsenting population.

Its no wonder the Israel supporters don't care to recall events prior to the arab retaliations.

My deviant art profile

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2013, 2:05 pm

thomas81 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Wrong! When a nation wins a war by defeating those who attacked it -first- they automatically get the land that used to belong to their attackers. In a war there are Winners and there are Looser. The Palestinians and their Arabic speaking buddies have lost 3 wars (which they started, by the way) against the Israelis. Why won't those "damned Jews" loose like they are supposed to?

Well, thats the spin of selective history at work.

I'd argue that the ISRAELIS started the war, by imposing their rule upon an unconsenting population.

Its no wonder the Israel supporters don't care to recall events prior to the arab retaliations.

hamas supporter read a real history book not fakestinian terrorist propaganda your terrorist friends started the war the minute Israel declared independence. in 1967 they again launched another war and lost.

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 2:06 pm

sephardic-male wrote:

imperialism is not defending your self against several nations trying to destroying you and keeping lands they occupied previously

Israel is a perfect example of a proxy imperialist satellite state.

It protects western (specifically American) interests and values in a land which is otherwise hostile to them and to act as an oil watchdog. Thats the only reason the western powers fight tooth and nail to defend it tooth and nail economically, politically and militarily. Concern for the welfare of the Jews isn't even a secondary thought.

My deviant art profile

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2013, 2:10 pm

thomas81 wrote:
sephardic-male wrote:

imperialism is not defending your self against several nations trying to destroying you and keeping lands they occupied previously

Israel is a perfect example of a proxy imperialist satellite state.

It protects western (specifically American) interests and values in a land which is otherwise hostile to them and to act as an oil watchdog. Thats the only reason the western powers fight tooth and nail to defend it tooth and nail economically, politically and militarily. Concern for the welfare of the Jews isn't even a secondary thought.

terror supporting dude stop repeating terrorist propaganda. 3 wars launched against it buy your terrorist friends and they lost. why aren't you going to answer my previous questions on 1948 and 1967 and the west banka nd gaza were occupied by Jordan and Egypt respectivley?

fins me an arab that called himself/herself Palestinian before 1967

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 2:12 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Israel is the only nation on earth that has to sue for peace after it has -won- a war.

ruveyn

What you're describing is imperialism. It's an ideology, not an axiom. And frankly, it's an ideology that has brought about the worst human rights abuses in history. Your description of it isn't even accurate. The victor of any given conflict has the leverage to set the terms of surrender. They don't necessarily move in and set up shop, because occupation is an expensive undertaking that requires you to be vigilant against partisans for the entire length of your presence. It's far better to use the economic leverage you have as a victorious party to prohibit the construction of military instruments and promote the other sectors of the economy. Japan and Germany are what they are today because we chose not to raze them to the ground and build "America 2: Electric Boogaloo". Also because the Soviet Union wasn't doing so hot, but I digress.

As for the wars, gee wizz, people were upset over seeing their allies violently displaced by British imperialism? And they decided to retaliate!? Wow, who could have seen that coming? Don't they know that when a massive empire with a long history of genocide takes away their land and displaces them they're supposed to smile and go live in their refugee camps? Gosh, I just don't know why anyone would be upset!

And please don't lower the level of discourse by equating criticism of Israel with Antisemitism.

I was challenging his definition and support of imperialism. "Allies" probably wasn't the right word, since it implies I was talking about the Six-Days War. I meant the continued conflicts between Israeli/Western interests and Gaza/Arab communities.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 2:35 pm

sephardic-male wrote:

terror supporting dude

its at this point i ignore you.

Can't make an informed argument, or one inclusive of historical relativism so throw out ad hominems and hysteria of "if you're not one us.." absolutism in the hope that some of it sticks.

I also find myself mildly supportive of Irish Republicanism, and by all accounts of supporters of the orange statelet, that also makes me a terror supporting dude but doesn't make it any less of a lie.

I don't debate with intellectual cowards.

My deviant art profile

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2013, 2:43 pm

thomas81 wrote:
sephardic-male wrote:

terror supporting dude

its at this point i ignore you.

Can't make an informed argument, so throw out ad hominems and hysteria of "if you're not one us.." absolutism in the hope that some of it sticks.

I also find myself mildly supportive of Irish Republicanism, and by all accounts of supporters of the orange statelet, that also makes me a terror supporting dude but doesn't make it any less of a lie.

I don't debate with intellectual cowards.

typical run away when face with questions on the Palestine between 1948-1967

in a precious posts you admittedly support hamas and you would vote for them if you ad the chance this is why i called you a terrorist hamas supporter also recently you support the late Gadaffi and his regime at a time when a book recently released which exposes him a rapist why do you he only hire women as bodyguards?

just dammit that you are terrorist supporting hypocrite other members of this board are not fond of you either

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 3:19 pm

Last reply to SM

sephardic-male wrote:

typical run away when face with questions on the Palestine between 1948-1967

My concern is events prior to that,

ie. the causality.

sephardic-male wrote:
in a precious posts you admittedly support hamas

it was an attempt at trolling that got taken way too seriously.

My stance on hamas is that they are an unfortunate symptom of Israeli policy on the gaza strip. The 'softline' options have become unelectable.

sephardic-male wrote:
just dammit that you are terrorist supporting hypocrite other members of this board are not fond of you either

With friends like you, who needs enemies.

My deviant art profile

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2013, 3:22 pm

Quote:
My stance on hamas is that they are an unfortunate symptom of Israeli policy on the gaza strip. The 'softline' options have become unelectable.

Hamas's goal is to wipe israel and the jews off the map. it's in their charter thanks again for admitting that you support i mean making excuses for terorrists change your handle to terrorist81

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 3:25 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
Quote:

Hamas's goal is to wipe israel and the jews off the map. it's in their charter thanks again for admitting that you support i mean making excuses for terorrists change your handle to terrorist81

I know I promised not to bite anymore, but are you actually this stupid or are you just not bothering to read my posts and type the first crap that comes into your brain?

My deviant art profile

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2013, 3:28 pm

thomas81 wrote:
sephardic-male wrote:
Quote:

I know I promised not to bite anymore, but are you actually this stupid or are you just not bothering to read my posts and type the first crap that comes into your brain?

terrorist81 you are a terror apologist go away

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 3:37 pm

Stop with the personal attacks. Remember the site rules: "Attack the opinion, not the poster."