How many Aspies does it take to screw in a light bulb??

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 9:23 pm

A bit of silly Aspie humour, figured why not.

think... :idea:

OK, the answer is...THREE. 8O

Oh, you wanted me to TELL you why it's three?? Sorry, you didn't explicitly say so. :D OK, here goes:

You need one to stand on the mini stepladder and screw the bulb in,
One to hold the mini-stepladder to steady it because the first Aspie has balance troubles,
And one to look up and talk all about the history of the light bulb, and how Thomas Edison was searching for the perfect filament, and go off on a tangent of how Edison's search for the perfect filament is a lot like searching for the perfect video game concept and where was I now?
:lmao:

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 9:40 pm

well really it would depend on the light bulb and where its located, if was say on top of a antenna on a sky scraper its a two person job. there are also really big light bulbs that need like a crane to lift
gotta be specific

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 11:34 pm

Two, but it would have to be a big light bulb :wink:

Diagnosed in 2005

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 11:50 pm

Gwydion - Or none, cos the aspie reluctantly tells someone else first hehe :D

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 12:36 am

Or:

One - it only takes one aspie to screw anything up

Or:

Two - one to screw in the bulb and the other to go on and on and on about how much better bayonet fixings are

Or:

Two - one to screw in the bulb and the other to go on and on and on about how much better the last one was

Or:

Two - one to screw in the bulb and the other to have a meltdown about the fact the bulb's gone and it shoulda lasted for 10,000 hours and it only lasted 6,756 hours and its not fair and why is it only his bulbs that have to blow and the meds aren't working and his shrink's an incompetent bast*rd

I could possibly go on - shutting up now

JakeDay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2013, 2:02 am

none:- thank f@&# that stroboscopic power saver bulb finally flickered out, now I can get some peace

29 Nov 2013, 2:17 am

it's very goog!! !

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 5:00 am

Two, the only real question here is how they got in the bulb in the first place.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 4:00 pm

One because his obsession is light bulbs.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Nov 2013, 4:14 pm

One hundred, on average one of them will know how to screw and be able to do it.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 5:42 pm

:lol:

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm

If I am one of the aspies then my role will be to stress endlessly about what the consequences of changing the lightbulb are and whether maybe it would be better if I just left the lightbulb alone and went to do something else.

Random42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2013, 7:48 pm

Jayo wrote:
A bit of silly Aspie humour, figured why not.

think... :idea:

OK, the answer is...THREE. 8O

Oh, you wanted me to TELL you why it's three?? Sorry, you didn't explicitly say so. :D OK, here goes:

You need one to stand on the mini stepladder and screw the bulb in,
One to hold the mini-stepladder to steady it because the first Aspie has balance troubles,
And one to look up and talk all about the history of the light bulb, and how Thomas Edison was searching for the perfect filament, and go off on a tangent of how Edison's search for the perfect filament is a lot like searching for the perfect video game concept and where was I now?
:lmao:

It is actually 4. He 4th one comes in afterwards and says they need a different type of bulb because this aggravates sensory issues.

AQ: 39
Aspie-quiz AS:154 NT:50
RAADS-R: 194
EQ:15 SQ:114

Aria
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2013, 1:58 am

Four.

One to go to the store and decide whether to go with halogen, black, UV, florescent, etc.
One to look through and enthusiastically debate the options the first brought back after being unable to choose.
One to peer over the shoulders of the first two and comment on the history, special features and expected lifetimes of each of the options.
One to finally get an incandescent light bulb and screw it in, because it is getting dark.

EQ: 14 SQ: 83
"You [humans] find it easier to understand the death of one than the death of a million. You speak about the objective hardness of the Vulcan heart, but how little room there seems to be in yours." - Spock

loosewheel
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2013, 3:38 am

It only takes one Aspie to analyse the problem and design an apparatus to automatically replace the light bulb. It will obviously then take however many people to build and man the plant and equipment to mass produce the light bulb changer. Then staff for the distribution and retail network will be required. Then one person will be required to go to the store and buy one. So in about five to ten years the light bulb will be automatically replaced.

Of course, someone will have to be dedicated responsibility to ensure the automatic light bulb changer is well stocked with new bulbs. But that's a whole other problem.

JurgenW
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm

I have actually hoarded light bulbs since they were banned a few years ago, so I have a few boxes ... :oops: