Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm

9 times outta 10, i'm crying in the shower.

first, parents hooked up the light switch so that when you turn it on, the fan goes on too. the sound is horrible and it's hard to stay warm. i could put the water on super hot and it would be cold because of the fan sucking all the steam away.

then, they bought that stupid nozzle...the hand held detachable one. it makes the water pressure different every time it's my turn to shower.

then the shower head is always moved. i spend the first 10ish minutes of my shower trying to fix the water pressure and angle.
then my shampoo bottle keeps getting moved. i don't have the correct towels to dry me off. and i hate that sensation of feeling wet and dry. trying to get dressed with that feeling...it makes me meltdown every time.

and my parents wonder every time...why i'm so reluctant to take a shower again.

and let's not forget that someone forgets i'm in there and uses the dishwasher or some other water source and i'm suddenly hit with freezing cold water.

and that whole, don't flush the toilet before showering deal. it's not a myth. it's true!! :roll: :cry: :evil: :? 8O

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 4:48 pm

I like taking baths.

Showers are fine, but you can wallow in a bath.

And if It gets too cool, you can add more hot.

Baths are great,

Showers are great too, but only for limited purposes.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 5:49 pm

I love baths. Showers hurt, not to mention you can't curl up and take a nap while taking a shower.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm

I like the CHOPCHOPCHOP Jacuzzi spray on the showerhead. it feels great on my lower back with the water turned up very warm.

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:04 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
I love baths. Showers hurt, not to mention you can't curl up and take a nap while taking a shower.

Hear, Hear. Ever tried snooozing off in a shower?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm

I have had microsleeps in the shower.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm

I

F*cking

love

Showers

its how i 'stim'

i listen to music at the same time

enjoy the steam

smell the soaps

play with the water

its great, it feels great

my old shower would make a loud ringing noise and thats when i didnt like showers, but now i like them

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

sidelines
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2013, 6:13 pm

I tend to zone out completely when I'm in the shower. I can happily stand in there for ages enjoying the feeling of the water on my skin.

I stayed in a hotel last year that had "mood lighting" in the shower. You could set it to continuously cycle through all the colours. It's a wonder I didn't spend my entire holiday in there.

Simmian7 wrote:
and i hate that sensation of feeling wet and dry. trying to get dressed with that feeling...it makes me meltdown every time.

Oh yes, I hate that too. (Used to drive my mum nuts when I was a kid.) I get around it by drying my hair before I get dressed - I have long, fairly thick hair, so by the time it's properly dry, so is the rest of me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:14 pm

I hate showers, mostly because of the amount of time they take away from my special interests. For some reason, whenever I get into the shower, my mind starts wandering and it takes me around 45 minutes to get clean, even if I only wash the most important bits. Maybe that's because I have extremely thick hair, and it takes me just as long to wash it when it's chin-length (like right now) as it does when it's down to my back. Getting a pixie cut isn't an option either, because my face is too round and my neck is too short and thick for me to have a flattering haircut that's also short. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

it takes me about 10 minutes just to wash my hair also.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:22 pm

i love showers and baths but only in my own house or in the hotel. If I have to shower in other people;s houses or if there is someone else using my bathroom, i have the same problems as OP.

I really really really hate sharing a bathroom. I would love to have a huge bathroom with wooden floor and antique stand alone bath tub in one corner and massive walk in shower in the other.

And radiator rails for that warm fluffy towel dry feel ...

I can't stand the idea of sharing towels either. I seriously turn crazy if someone uses my towel.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 7:48 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I hate showers, mostly because of the amount of time they take away from my special interests.

My sentiments exactly! :)

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 7:58 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
I hate showers, mostly because of the amount of time they take away from my special interests.

I'm in the same boat. I tend blank out sometimes in the shower (I tend to space out while lying down before bed and on the computer as well), so I end up taking more time in the shower than I wanted to.

Autism_Us
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2013, 8:59 pm

I don't like our shower head. Its like little needles that come out and it hurts my nips (sorry) really bad. There is no way to change it either other than changing it out. But usually I like showers more than baths.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 9:04 pm

I find showering to be an inconvenience but I still do it regularly. Once I get in there I usually actually quite enjoy it and it's nice to feel all clean afterward. Right now it's pretty cold where I live though so the nice shower is punctuated by several minutes of near-hypothermia-inducing cold :p

Edit: It's particularly inconvenient for me as I have a lot of facial hair (more so atm than in any of the pics on the forum) and waist-length hair. I also have a specific ritual that I have to follow when I shower and it takes a while (OCD yo!).

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 9:11 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Mine, too.

It's kind of annoying sometimes...