Tropes vs Women in Video Games: Ms. Male Chararacter"

Page 12 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

16 Dec 2013, 8:38 pm

no i hate her because she is scam artist and the tax payers are indirectly subsidizing her when colleges invite this scammer on campus to speak

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 8:39 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
she should get a job like everybody else if she has to pay rent and living expenses. she is clearly able bodied, and have no signs of disabilities.

If I remember correctly, she also works as a costume designer.

Quote:
she does not play video games she steal the footages from youtube gamers then upload them. also in a past lecture she said she is not a gamer.

Just because she copies other footage does not mean that she does not play video games. I've written articles about video games that have gotten published in a professional magazine. In these articles, some screenshots were taken by other people; the reason why I've used these screenshots instead of my own, was that they looked better than mine did.

Quote:
she doesn't need $165K to make youtube videos using video editing software many of which are freeware and are part of windows and OS mac. she is no different from tv peachers using their sheep for money. she/fem freq is not a registered charity she has no business asking for donations.

Then you've misunderstood the purpose of Kickstarter. Double Fine is not a registered charitable organization either, but I'm still glad they got enough money to develop their adventure game.

Quote:

Nothing wrong with an ironic comeback against her haters.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 8:41 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
no i hate her because she is scam artist and the tax payers are indirectly subsidizing her when colleges invite this scammer on campus to speak

Colleges do not pay her to speak. That's where Kickstarter enters the picture.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 8:46 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
no i hate her because she is scam artist

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk[/youtube]

Part of the definition of being a scam artist is that they take money to do something different than what they said they were going to do. Sarkeesian said she was going to take money to make a video series exposing tropes in video games - and that's exactly what she's done.

If you actually paid money to her expecting to get something different than what she's provided, you have a voice - otherwise you're just whining.

Quote:
tax payers are indirectly subsidizing her when colleges invite this scammer on campus to speak

First of all, bravo - if you had to stoop to that level of ludicrous to come up with an argument of why you should care, you should probably rethink your position.

Secondly, that logic only holds up if a) she's paid to speak, b) the institutions which invite her to speak are public universities, and c) the money used to pay her came from a federal grant, and not tuition (which is the source that makes up most of universities' discretionary spending). Provide evidence of any of those, or try again.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 2:44 pm

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
sephardic-male wrote:
she should get a job like everybody else if she has to pay rent and living expenses. she is clearly able bodied, and have no signs of disabilities.

If people want to pay her to give her the ability to make videos full-time, I don't have a problem with that. That essentially *becomes* her full time job. No one is being forced to give her money - she's not taking federal grants to make her videos - people are giving money to her of their own free will - ostensibly because they find value in what she does and want her to continue.

In summary, you're hating someone because they're successful doing something you don't agree with. Grow up, or go call the whaaaambulance.

Sarkassian is living the dream (being paid generously to do the job that she wants to do about a subject she's passionate about.) Frankly, I'm jealous but that doesn't mean that I need to resent her or say her accomplishement must be a scam. This kind of reaction is common amonst the gaming community whenever a successful woman starts making waves in the industry. If she was a man (like the typical mysogonistic Penny Arcade guy), her credentials as a gamer wouldn't be questioned, unfounded cries of scamming and nepotism wouldn't be perpetuated either.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 3:05 pm

Just look at sephardic-male........ In this thread alone, he's made up entirely new definitions of the terms scam-artist, job, taxpayer, harassment, charity and donation. When, someone has to completely change the meaning of words in order for the grievences to make any sense, that should be a red flag about the level of BS they're peddling.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2013, 6:57 pm

Image.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 8:01 pm

I'm not defending anyone - I'm merely pointing out the fact that you're being delusional. But hey, good job avoiding the actual point.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 9:07 am

sephardic-male wrote:

Image.

Defending someone because they are right and still being attacked is not implying they are helpless and that it's because of their gender they must be defended.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 9:16 am

Yop, that´s why it´s happening so often the opposite way... like... ehm ... ah, the gay prince, that needs to be safed of his cruel father, in Monthy Pythons "Knights of the Coconut" (Or however the Artus film is called in english.)

Yes, we all know the various examples of the bold and brave maiden knights, rescuing princes from dragons, forced marriage, rape, or getting sacrificed by some mad guys with hoodies to release with his pure virginal blood the ultimate badass demon that will destroy the world, if sacrification is not stopped by the sword-wielding maiden.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 9:46 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Yop, that´s why it´s happening so often the opposite way... like... ehm ... ah, the gay prince, that needs to be safed of his cruel father, in Monthy Pythons "Knights of the Coconut" (Or however the Artus film is called in english.)

Yes, we all know the various examples of the bold and brave maiden knights, rescuing princes from dragons, forced marriage, rape, or getting sacrificed by some mad guys with hoodies to release with his pure virginal blood the ultimate badass demon that will destroy the world, if sacrification is not stopped by the sword-wielding maiden.
Monty Pythons Holy Grail![youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YiPC91QUk[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2013, 10:03 am

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 10:09 am

Yeah, I really respect your opinion now that you've expressed it so eloquently. Please, continue.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 6:59 am

[Thread locked due to flaming and personal attacks.]