Moving in Together...........

Page 9 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 5:58 am

When it comes to worth sharing, the currency my partner and I care for is "free-time". We dont have fixed stuff to do for each. During the year, it shifts between me and my partner, when he have got more work to do in the office and so come back home later. I work in building and engineering sector, so during summer I have much "money-work" to do, he works in sale-economy, so for him decembre is the hot spot of his loanwork. We simply see to it, that both partners have equal possibility to have "quality time". So when he is forced to work longer, then I am doing more housework, and when I work longer, he is doing more housework. As a couple, there is simply necessary work to be done, part of it for money, part of it for ourselves, and you simply should see that the amount of necessary work is shared between you both.

If you come home after 12 hours of work, and your partner tells you what cool stuff he did with his paladin leveling in some game since he/she came home, while tons of stuff still waiting for you, that your partner did not touch, because of that "being your stuff" then this will annoy you.

And dont give different kind of works an different importancy. Either it must be done, or it must not be done. If it must be done, then it is as important as everything else that must be done. Refusing to do something, because of it being "under your worth" but on the other side automatically expecting your partner to feel responsible for everything, that you think as it is not important enough for you, sucks. ^^ It says: "This is minor work, that must be done by minor people like you." My partner comes from rich parents, who had someone cleaning the big stuff for them. So he is not used to do certain stuff himself, and cleaning sanitary stuff is for him horror and I can see that on his face, when he is doing so. ^^ While I can simply switch off my feelings and go into logic modus, that tells me: "As long as I wear plastic gloves, I dont care, what I am touching with my hand." I know about his probs with that, and so I am caring myself more for the sanitary stuff, while he does instead focus on stuff like vacuuming, kitchen, ... But he would never expect me to be automatically be responsible for the "dirty stuff", but is instead simply thankful about me offering on my own to do more of that, while he does instead more of the other stuff. So he knows and accepts thats everything in the house is our boths job to do, and does not try to get into stupid excuses, like "That stuff is not mine to do, because ...

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 8:26 am

UPDATE:
Slept at the new place for the first time last night. Still have a ton of unpacking to do but we are now mostly moved in.

Moving has always been stressful, this one especially so with the snow, my car getting totalled, losing my cell phone and a bunch of other things that went wrong this month. Still, despite all the stress and occasional emotional turmoil we kept sane and didn't tear each other apart or meltdown. I'd say thats a very good sign.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 4:31 am

O.o what was your cellphone?

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 9:18 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
O.o what was your cellphone?

Just an old flip phone. I dropped it in a snowbank while I was moving my desk. Managed to find it the next day and it still works!