Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Corndawg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

I've lately been trying to listen to theta for my panic disorder. The first time it scared me out of my mind! The therapist assured me nothing was wrong but she doesn't know Aspies and I'm an Aspie. So I started listening to it every day and then every night. The problem is now when I take naps in the afternoon I start having these weird symptoms. The first thing that happens (when I'm still conscious) are these weird waves that go through my body. I can't explain it but it's just this weird wave, almost like all of my nerves are moving I guess. And that happened the first time. (One reason I got scared) The second thing that happens is I have these terrible nightmares that usually have the same theme. So my question is, has anyone else on the autism spectrum tried theta? And has anyone had symptoms like this?

Dynania
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2013, 9:02 pm

Just my opinion but this sounds like scientology quackery. But if it is bothering you so much, why not just stop and let your therapist know how it's making you feel?

Corndawg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2013, 9:26 pm

I've tried telling them but they say it's all in my head.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 10:31 pm

Theta binaural beats? Tried 'em, got headaches, stopped, headaches went away.

Pointless.

Dynania
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2013, 11:50 pm

Corndawg wrote:

No duh. But seriously, what kind of therapist is this?

Corndawg
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2013, 10:08 am

I'm not sure exactly what she specializes in. I think she's like a relaxation therapist. If there's any such thing. My aspie therapist told me to go to her for a few sessions before he'd let me see him again. But I know those on the autism spectrum have brains that are wired differently. So maybe that's causing the side effects?

Dynania
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm

Could be. I know I can't listen to death metal and the like or I start feeling weird and freak out. Plus it hurts my ears.

MelissaCho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Dec 2013, 8:25 pm

Corndawg wrote:

I know how it feels to have doctors not to tell you the answers you seek. IT'S A PAIN!! !!

Corndawg
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2013, 8:50 pm

Sometimes it's so frustrating that doctors haven't studied more on autism.