Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 11:38 pm

Immortal wrote:
Veet foam works much better than any of the creams...(And it works in 3 minutes, and the hair stays gone longer) Try that. It feels like shave cream. It comes with a bladeless razor

The gals were trying to get a bunch of the guys to let them use it on them.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 4:20 pm

DrowningMedusa wrote:
I can't stand having hair on my body... ever since I started growing it, I've been trying to get rid of it. I even do this weird thing where I compulsively pull out eyelashes and eyebrow hairs... (although, i try hard to keep a lid on it, since they're really thin as it is!)

Sorry I can't help! :roll:

Done that since I was 11...whenever I am bored, stressed, thinking etc, my hand goes right to my eyebrows... I have none left now. :oops:

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2007, 2:33 am

You could try using Nair or whatever they call it, which is an affordable alternative to shaving and waxing. I prefer to shave because it's affordable and it doesn't bother me; I guess some people will just have to get used to it. About the sweating stuff, I've heard that if people get botox on their armits, then the sweatglands are destroyed, and therefore: no more sweat in the armpits! lol

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 7:25 pm

I don't shave anything ever..when i did..I did it because other people wanted me to and I hated it.

I do have a slight moustache however (i am a brunette) and I tweeze that sometimes.

Wormy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2007, 8:32 pm

wendytheweird wrote:
How about let them not shave? I quit shaving and it's MUCH more comfortable. Why don't you try shaving your armpits and see how it feels? I'm much cooler and sweat less when I don't shave.

ewww... :P

Lobber
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2007, 11:41 pm

lara_h wrote:
I have issues with skin sensitivities and have always had issues with shaving. My bikini line especially has been problematic: within hours of shaving it would be bumpy, red, irritable and itch like crazy...I just COULDN'T shave it...and, as with your girls, I will NOT go to a salon to get it waxed...and waxing on my own is impossible....

I learned a trick though.

Un-scented clear gel deoderant....I use Mitchum for women sensitive skin clear gel formula.

Use it right after you shave, just as if you were using it in your armpits for odor protection. And then use it every day thereafter, right on your bikini line or underarms or wherever you shaved that is susceptible to irritation. After doing this the first time, the redness and irritation was considerably less...and now after a few weeks of using this trick, I get no redness or irritation...but you HAVE to put it on almost EVERY DAY...not just after shaving. I tricked myself into thinking my sensitive skin issue was cured and shaved my bikini line and didn't use the gel.....and within hours again I had the same ingrown hairs and irritiation issues.

Try it for your girls....especially for their underarms...kills two birds with one stone!

I found that aloe vera gel really helps with the bumpiness and redness of the bikini area.... and um... don't ask me how I know that... :oops:

/lurks away...

(")(")
Cuddly Bunny

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 5:05 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I don't shave anything ever..when i did..I did it because other people wanted me to and I hated it.

I do have a slight moustache however (i am a brunette) and I tweeze that sometimes.

i think it's a pity that women are 'obligated' to take care of some hair,
i mostly don't (and my husband wouldn't want me to either). one of the reasons is
that i'd probably forget it or have no time for it, and then i'd have sharply shaved but grown again hair which i think even more horrible than never shaved.
(but i'm almost embarrased to admit that, which is stupid i think, it should be alowed to decide for yourself what you prefer)

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:45 pm

Heh. I would shave my wife.
Not the pits though - she was
better at doing those. Made
for a nice bit of closeness.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 3:41 am

i wouldn't mind if my husband did it for me,
he's better in organising things anyway, but he
does'nt think it necessary.

(maybe it's his way of being sure no other man will feel like coming closer to me :lol: )

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2007, 5:07 pm

ive never had a problem with shaving my pits and i do do that when i see the hairs start to grow back. all the hair on my body in blond- including my eyelashes pubic hair leg hair etc and i really dont like my blond pubic hair so i shave that off when i think its getting too bushy- plus its cleaner shaved off and i like the feel of it better without hair and i think my flags approve too :D
my leg hair ive never realy bothered shaving that because you cant see it all that much anyway.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 1:44 am

well... it's been 6-8 months since ive even thought i had a shot at getting laid... so you can prolly guess how long it's been since i've shaved :cry:

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

rideforever
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2007, 10:54 am

Could get some clippers and trim it short - it would take about 10 seconds per armpit and wouldn't hurt at all.

mizkathy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2007, 11:30 am

I shave off all my body hair 8O

Celticess
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2007, 3:05 pm

I don't recomend creams there you have glands in that area I think. Lymph nodes or something and probably absorbing some of the stuff from the creams isn't healthy. They may not like shaving, I don't. However it is necisary as otherwise it gets smelly or is a social stigma issue depending on what they are wearing(bathing suit?). You could use a shaving cream which might help and have them trim without fully shaving it off. So they gradually take off more and get used to it being hairless. It might feel weird for them to loose the hair. Also anti persprant wise you can get the crystals you wet and rub on that are natural. I have used one before though I use another natural anti persprant right now that is often found at healthfood stores.

Miranda
Raven
Raven

16 May 2007, 7:36 pm

I use an electric razor. No nicks or cuts, and I can use it dry.

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 8:56 am

I agree with those who say let them not shave I don't shave my underarms if I go swimming I wear a T shirt on top besides this helps to keep the suns rays out anyway. I do get my legs waxed very occasionally though depending on if I am doing something special.