Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ozkaz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2007, 11:39 am

8O I have two teenage girls and they both dont like shaving under arms, we have tried creams to get rid of hair but it doesnt seem to work as well. has anyone else had this problem and has anyone got ANYIDEAS at all how i can help them? :oops:

also my oldest girl wont go swimming anymore cos of bikini line, should i tell her just to shave or should she wax? she wouldnt walk into beauty pallor for 1000000000000000000000 dollars? any input please?
:lol:

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2007, 12:17 pm

How about let them not shave? I quit shaving and it's MUCH more comfortable. Why don't you try shaving your armpits and see how it feels? I'm much cooler and sweat less when I don't shave.

Tanz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2007, 12:29 pm

I have no children so I can't help you in that respect. The girls will either just have to put up with shaving or go without, unless you can afford laser hair removal. Girls going without shaving (at least where I'm from) is generally not accepted, so that cuts down on what they can wear and who would be willing to go out with them, obviously. personally, body hair is one of my pet peeves, it disgusts me to see it on anyone, male or female. If I were rich enough I would have all of mine except the hair on my forearms and eyebrows removed permanently by laser. i hate all my hair, Lex Luther is my idol (lol). Anyway, everyone is different as to what they like and/or can tolerate. I suggest you give them all the info you can and let them choose for themselves.

"Lunch...is on Millie" - Ace Rimmer

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 12:30 pm

Veet foam works much better than any of the creams...(And it works in 3 minutes, and the hair stays gone longer) Try that. It feels like shave cream. It comes with a bladeless razor

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 12:45 pm

I can't stand having hair on my body... ever since I started growing it, I've been trying to get rid of it. I even do this weird thing where I compulsively pull out eyelashes and eyebrow hairs... (although, i try hard to keep a lid on it, since they're really thin as it is!)

Sorry I can't help! :roll:

r_mc
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2007, 5:58 am

I used to have the same problem with my armpit hair, but I kept going with the shaving and eventually got used to it. I still can't stand removing the hair on my legs by any means, though- it makes them feel really oversensitive and itchy

M02
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2007, 9:55 am

I used to have a recipe for a wax made of sugar and lemon juice. You could probably find some instructions on the net somewhere. Only that ripping the hair out by the roots using this wax really really hurts. It is good for legs, bikini line, some people also wax their pits but that must be the most painful. If you are really hairy then it is pointless to wax since the pain is not worth repeating every two or three weeks. Some less hairy types only wax every two months.

Shaving with a razor and shaving cream is the best for underarms. ---but it has to be done every week or every few days, when the hair is short.

Hair remover creams/lotions etc work best on dry dry skin. Usually underarms are too moist for it to work properly. They are good for bikini line though.

What I like for bikini line shaving is this small pencil shaped trimmer. It is battery operated. It is usually called "bikini trimmer" or "eyebrow shaper".

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 6:35 pm

Waxing is the only way to get rid of hair for a longer time.

DON't shave a bikini line. Either wax it or wear board shorts.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 7:48 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Waxing is the only way to get rid of hair for a longer time.

DON't shave a bikini line. Either wax it or wear board shorts.

Amen to that! Except if you enjoy being itched/spiked to death... :?

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Feb 2007, 7:55 pm

wendytheweird wrote:
I'm much cooler and sweat less when I don't shave.

If body hair makes people cooler, squirrels should shave their entire bodies in the winter so they'll stay warmer.

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2007, 12:08 pm

alex wrote:
wendytheweird wrote:

If body hair makes people cooler, squirrels should shave their entire bodies in the winter so they'll stay warmer.

:roll: Seriously, try shaving your armpits in the summer. You'll see what I mean.

Timelady
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 3:17 pm

I hate shaving, sorry to be sexist, I'm glad I'm not a boy.

agent79
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2007, 4:49 pm

alex wrote:
wendytheweird wrote:

Apparently, Alex, they can just unzip...

lara_h
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2007, 10:56 pm

I have issues with skin sensitivities and have always had issues with shaving. My bikini line especially has been problematic: within hours of shaving it would be bumpy, red, irritable and itch like crazy...I just COULDN'T shave it...and, as with your girls, I will NOT go to a salon to get it waxed...and waxing on my own is impossible....

I learned a trick though.

Un-scented clear gel deoderant....I use Mitchum for women sensitive skin clear gel formula.

Use it right after you shave, just as if you were using it in your armpits for odor protection. And then use it every day thereafter, right on your bikini line or underarms or wherever you shaved that is susceptible to irritation. After doing this the first time, the redness and irritation was considerably less...and now after a few weeks of using this trick, I get no redness or irritation...but you HAVE to put it on almost EVERY DAY...not just after shaving. I tricked myself into thinking my sensitive skin issue was cured and shaved my bikini line and didn't use the gel.....and within hours again I had the same ingrown hairs and irritiation issues.

Try it for your girls....especially for their underarms...kills two birds with one stone!

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 8:19 pm

alex wrote:

Humans have a lot less dense body hair than lot of other mammal species is because we sweat. I do not shave below my face, but I can get away with that because I am a guy.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 11:38 pm

Immortal wrote:
Veet foam works much better than any of the creams...(And it works in 3 minutes, and the hair stays gone longer) Try that. It feels like shave cream. It comes with a bladeless razor

The gals were trying to get a bunch of the guys to let them use it on them.