Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 8:07 am

Note: I might start an argument here... (Hopefully not :twisted: )
Note: This doesn't apply to every aspies. More like asking questions out of curiosity. However, I would rather be pleased if I have more diverse and more specific answers. (By study or experience. By story or by witness.)
Last note: There's a small chance of me adding more questions...

I'll ask multiple grouped questions. (As I, for one, never met another aspie. Nor being a professional psychologist/sociologist/social psychologist/neurologist... whichever is relevant.) I need (more) answers. XD
Aside from the diagnosis/self-diagnosis/noticing or guessing/etc...

Question 1: Body Language. So, most NTs are into like, say, culture specifically, the; the trends and fads. As for learning slangs. Especially (and specifically) unwritten rules.
There was a thread; that the hardwired body language (usually) affects aspies. But not something to do with social structures (learned body language? Or rather, most stuffs learned from culture itself) which NT favors? How aspies see such culture as?
To be specific... Culture as in the arts/history/place/politics; NO, this isn't counted. I'm referring the people (something like what is considered 'polite', how people thinks of nonconformists, etc..). As for myself, I see unwritten social niceties as a nuisance, unnatural... Yet I need more opinions and answers especially .
And oh; do aspies really have their (innate) body language aside from the hardwired ones that most humans have? I'm talking about social biology here... And I want things clearer.

Question 2: (Supposed to be?) Social Structure. This will be a hypothetical question. If you're within a place full of aspies, of course it's NOT like utopia that people tolerate each other... Of course you will made friends and enemies there. Like NTs to their own?
Difference is, you will not have 80% chance of being bullied, or being OVERLY rejected by the majority? Or being biased just because you're an aspie means you can't work, you can't have relationships, you can't drive, being based on stereotypes and myths solely to aspies.
I'm pretty sure, at least someone in this forum dreamed of the world having aspies as the 'norm'...
Question is, would it be true if we have the same conflict as NTs' if we're in the majority? (Like I said, I never met another aspie.) Would this be true?

Question 3: Senses. I know to myself, that aspies has uneven senses. Why would mostly ignore hypo-sensitivity cases? Does everyone think that wont be a problem..? Or at least being notable at all?
Also may someone explain the biological cause of this? Aside from hypersensitivities due to having lack of filters. (If so, give me more specific details that is a difference between a highly sensitive person to something only present to the majority of aspies with the same problem.)
Lastly, if someone has NATURAL techniques of tolerating over-sensitivities, do tell. Especially if that's out of deceiving one's perception or tricking the brain. XD (Don't suggest drugs/therapy/surgery/buying stuffs like earphones/earplugs.)

Question 4: Depression. Long term ones. Discouragements counts too. Most aspies has this? Or at least have one point of their lives. But WHY does aspies PRONE to have this? Are aspies stronger or more fragile than NTs themselves? This one is rather relative.
Or rather, aspies themselves are prone to it because of being OFTEN slapped by social and peers' standards? Hence the suicide rates.
What happens if aspies aren't bullied or rejected or even abused for most of their lifetime?
I'll be hoping that some aspie out there aren't battered or not being taken advantaged of in their entire childhood or in their high school years or at least by their peers in general. Would it be the same as the usual bullied one?
If you can answer this, give me a difference between an aspie who is abused, bullied, and rejected in most of their childhood (This is the common case). And an aspie, who has the same enjoyment and experience as NTs through out their early years. (See Question 2.) And what are the longterm difference of it? (Please, don't say anything based on perseverance or persistence...)
It's obvious if an NT has been bullied for most of their life, they get depressed of course...
Semi-irrelevant question: Would this be a common place for aspies in the future? Or at least if when aspies are acceptable an no longer have a stigma.

Question 5: Morality... Where do aspies base their morality as? Is it because they told them so? Is it because it's logical? Is it because it's just it? Is it because it's how their experience was? Is it fear? Is it guilt? Is it from a mistake? Is it due to a role model? I don't know how I got mine! And I get literally guilty if I attempt to break it.
And why it seems that it's hard to break? Any biological reason? Or something more concrete?

Well, that's it for now...

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 11:23 am

Edna3362 wrote:

Question 5: Morality... Where do aspies base their morality as? Is it because they told them so? Is it because it's logical? Is it because it's just it? Is it because it's how their experience was? Is it fear? Is it guilt? Is it from a mistake? Is it due to a role model? I don't know how I got mine! And I get literally guilty if I attempt to break it.
And why it seems that it's hard to break? Any biological reason? Or something more concrete?

Personally the basis for my morality comes from the Bible.
In general I think some people with AS have greater tendency to follow rules because rules give structure to life.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 1:03 pm

nebrets wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Personally the basis for my morality comes from the Bible.
In general I think some people with AS have greater tendency to follow rules because rules give structure to life.

My moral development was probably taken from influences around me. I don't have set rules as I don't need them...morals are relative. What is immoral in one context may not be immoral in another...there are no black and white rules.

But then I had odd moral development in that it was very advanced for my age. I was at stage 5 of the Kohlberg scale by age 19. There used to be a stage six but they removed it as they are not sure it exists...thanks for that, because now my moral development has no where to go lol.

Basically I have a philosophy that is based on inflicting as little damage as possible on all things living and will always take the path of least harm where possible. My impulse is to heal rather than hurt and I am genuinely distressed when I see another living creature suffering. There are exceptions and one of those would be when I encounter bullying. Usually I try to defend or stand up for the victim but in some instances I wouldn't be opposed to flooring a bully if I could or I had to. Some of them seem to need a god damn kick up the arse or a lesson on how to be a humane and decent human being.

I don't have any respect for bullies though due to personal experience with them.

Oddly though I will eat meat...as I said it is not black and white. I don't condone hunting for sport or pleasure though. It is one thing to need meat to meet your nutritional requirements it is another to kill for pleasure or fun. The latter upsets and offends me.

I was tested at 13 by psychologists to have advanced moral development but also as over sensitive and too idealistic though.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 10:45 am

I hope my questions doesn't sound like some rant... Or some assumption. Or something like rationalizing over reality. Perhaps it's just how I see it; yet I'm not here to answer my own questions.
Or maybe, some of my questions are... Difficult?

bumble wrote:
My moral development was probably taken from influences around me. I don't have set rules as I don't need them...morals are relative. What is immoral in one context may not be immoral in another...there are no black and white rules.

I can see that... There is no dark when there is no light. Odd sometimes I question myself how I got mine.

Yet I do have a choice of bugging myself with self-questioning right? XD