Do some girls actually pretend to be geek girls or nerd g...

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 5:24 pm

... just to seriously screw over (to them unattractive) geek or nerd guys in a bad way out of sheer sadism and hate?

Do these types actually exist? Or are they just a paranoid person's fiction?

Would some of them go into the gaming and computer technology hobby purely for that?

Like trying to seduce the nerdy guys and perform criminal acts on them?

There was a video somewhere on youtube that showed that stereotype in a parodic way, it got me thinking.

LittlePigLocksmith
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2014, 4:01 am

I've only ever met one girl that did that. Most of the geeks/nerds you will meet are genuine.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 5:12 am

^^ Where did you meet her? :lol: :endoftheworld:

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 7:52 am

My friend seems to be like that at times. I don't know if she just copies everything I do, or if she genuinely is interested in "nerdy" things. *Shrug* I suppose if she does nerdy stuff on her own, then she probably isn't a poser. I have only one female friend interested in technology, and that's just barely. She gets bored of it quickly. That's the closest I've seen to another woman, who I'm close to, interested in technology.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2014, 8:34 am

I go to film and comic cons in London quite often and there are always lots of girls and women there. I've never seen anybody hating on anybody though.

Geek culture has just got more mainstream and I think women have found parts of it they like (cosplay, fan fiction, fan art etc). This is all good, isn't it?

Maybe some of the younger fans have got interested because they like some of the "heartthrob" male stars like Matt Smith or Benedict Cumberpatch but again that's fine. They may drift away from the interest in a while but I guess most people do anyway. Some will stay and become lifelong fans.

I hate this snarky attitude towards geek girls by some males. I'm just really pleased that geek culture is becoming more acceptable and I think everyone should be welcomed - women, disabled people, older people (that's me) and so on. The more people who are part of it, the more conventions there will be, the more movies and comics and games that will get made. It's good for everyone surely?

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

It is a bit trendy now to be geeky which drives me nuts!

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 3:26 pm

<<< Has been geeky since way before it was trendy.

Hey, does that make me a trendsetter? 8O

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 3:29 pm

^^You're always a trend setter Moomingirl.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 3:37 pm

And you're always funny babybird. :lol:

Seedneed
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2014, 4:48 pm

No.

But if the girl likes the nerd, then she might.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jan 2014, 10:42 pm

Seedneed wrote:
No.

But if the girl likes the nerd, then she might.
I seen it in an ep of iCarly. She liked a guy a best-buy type place because he was really cute/hot. Pretty funny when he mentioned watching Dr. Who & she was pretending that she liked it but didn't have a clue what it was & kept asking Who? :lol:

I highly doubt more than a small few of girls would pretend to be geeks or nerds just to f#ck with other geeks/nerds. The type that would want to pretend to mess with them thinks geeks & nerds are totally uncool & wouldn't want to be caught dead like that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 12:44 am

Uprising wrote:

Do these types actually exist? Or are they just a paranoid person's fiction?

This.

JJabb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Dec 2014, 7:46 pm

I married a real "nerd" girl. She is amazing! Unfortunately, being a nerd is the new trend. But those of us who were the real deal from the start will be the real deal until the end. Don't fret, the tourists will eventually find something new to glob onto.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 12:31 pm

Labels of any sort irritate me. I play video games, read manga and watch cartoons, but I don't label myself as a "gamer girl", "nerd girl" or "geek girl". I'd feel so egotistical if I did. Besides, I'm not pretty enough to qualify for a "gamer girl".

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jul 2015, 11:22 am

Some are pretending. There is this whole nerd/geek fad going on, but I believe some of them are genuine. What does somewhat annoy me are those girls that go around bragging they are "gamer girls" as though it is a special or rare quality. :roll: I do remember how last decade when I was in middle school or high school some of the students made fun of others for being nerdy or geeky. So it is good that now it is more accepted. I like how I can now admit to liking certain things without judgement. :D

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2015, 11:37 am

I have noticed in my Sister, over the years, that her style would change according to the guy she was dating at the time. It seems to me that she is trying to see his point of view by walking in his shoes. I don't see anything wrong with that. She is still who she is and grows like anyone else, sometimes taking parts of others as your own. I would call brains eclectic in their nature. Our point of view stands on what the brain has taken in. Perhaps, it is like learning to swim by getting in the water.