Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2013, 6:41 am

I'm 18 very lonely at the moment all the people around me seem to be in a relationship or having sex. All i want in my life is a girlfriend someone i can spend my time with . But No my autism has prevented me from forming a relationship. I find it very difficult to talk to girls . i am currently at uni but staying at home so am finding it hard to meet girls the ones on my course are nice to speak to but we only speak about the work we are doing. The girls back home see me as creepy and are mostlly out of my leaque. why is life like this ?

JinNJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Dec 2013, 10:54 pm

accountinglad wrote:
I'm 18 very lonely at the moment all the people around me seem to be in a relationship or having sex. All i want in my life is a girlfriend someone i can spend my time with . But No my autism has prevented me from forming a relationship. I find it very difficult to talk to girls . i am currently at uni but staying at home so am finding it hard to meet girls the ones on my course are nice to speak to but we only speak about the work we are doing. The girls back home see me as creepy and are mostlly out of my leaque. why is life like this ?

I honestly wish I knew what it felt like to feel like this so I could offer some sort of advice or perspective. I've read that these type of communication challenges and situations can be painful or at least experienced as pain.

I don't know if it is possible to simply take the pain?? Go for it knowing that it might hurt like hell and be the physical equivalent of a gun shot to the toe - it'll hurt like a Mutherf****r but it isn't going to kill you.

That might be the stupidest thing to say to someone in your situation but I honestly can't think of any other way to change course other than take the pain until your tolerance of it grows or your experience of it diminishes.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2013, 5:27 am

cheers some wise wors there jinNj

roteskatalonien93
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2013, 11:34 am

Im kinda in the same situation like you except that I am Aspie only pfffff its too depressing :/ But I like a girl here <3