Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:03 pm

The man who was the George Washington and Abraham Lincoln of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, has just passed away after the antibiotics meant to fight a respiratory virus had been rejected by his body. He has gone to his just reward.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:08 pm

I seen a friend post a message on FB saying he was dead, I took it as a false rumor as it is Facebook, I decided to turn on the TV and switch to the news, as I seen he was indeed dead I was hit with such shock I just fell to me bed and dropped the remote.

May his memory live on in the freedom of Democracy.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm

More geese than swans now live,
More fools than wise.

Orlando Gibbons

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:17 pm

His name will live on in perpetuity. I'm proud that my home city of Glasgow was one of the first to honour him,renaming the square in which stood the then apartheid government's South African consulate 'Nelson Mandela Square'

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Dec 2013, 5:38 pm

RIP to a great man and a greater world leader. His death is sad, but not surprising, as his health took a turn for the worse several years back.

Take care, Nelson Mandela. Your contributions to the world will live on forever.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm

Nelson Mandela is dead at age 95.

He had a very good run.

He prevent his country from turning into a racially motivated slaughterhouse and for that he will be and should be remembered for a blessing.

R.I.P. Nelson Mandela. I hope your nation follows your heart.

ruveyn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 5:53 pm

equestriatola wrote:
RIP to a great man and a greater world leader. His death is sad, but not surprising, as his health took a turn for the worse several years back.

Take care, Nelson Mandela. Your contributions to the world will live on forever.

He had a good run and he left a good heritage. He will be remembered for a blessikng.

ruveyn

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

pluto wrote:
His name will live on in perpetuity. I'm proud that my home city of Glasgow was one of the first to honour him,renaming the square in which stood the then apartheid government's South African consulate 'Nelson Mandela Square'

I really hope a major street, highway, or other public space or thoroughfare in our state is renamed after Mandela. Then we can hear his name every day of our lives.

He is arguably the greatest human to have lived in the 20th century.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:20 pm

MaxE wrote:
pluto wrote:

I really hope a major street, highway, or other public space or thoroughfare in our state is renamed after Mandela. Then we can hear his name every day of our lives.

He is arguably the greatest human to have lived in the 20th century.

At the very least, he's in the top ten.

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2013, 6:32 pm

Please the man did some good but was not on a level of either Washington or Lincoln. For a contemporary, he associated with some very evil people and his wife was/is a monster. I'd say he was a glorious patsy, used by others who tried to do the right thing all his life. He was a good man, not a great man.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu did far more great things, including saving a man personally from being "necklaced".

His wife Winnie was a supporter of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necklacing[/u]Necklacing[/url], you know the practice of summary execution and torture carried out by forcing a rubber tire, filled with petrol, around a victim's chest and arms, and setting it on fire. The victim may take up to 20 minutes to die, suffering severe burns in the process.

In 2008 the Practice of Necklacing returned to South Africa. He was a good man, like Jimmy Carter...but neither were competent. That said, he will be missed worldwide, and will be mourned. Let's not deify him though.

"What do I care about law? Ain't I got the power?"
Cornelius Vanderbilt

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm

AutisticMillionaire wrote:
Please the man did some good but was not on a level of either Washington or Lincoln. For a contemporary, he associated with some very evil people and his wife was/is a monster. I'd say he was a glorious patsy, used by others who tried to do the right thing all his life. He was a good man, not a great man.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu did far more great things, including saving a man personally from being "necklaced".

His wife Winnie was a supporter of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necklacing[/u]Necklacing[/url], you know the practice of summary execution and torture carried out by forcing a rubber tire, filled with petrol, around a victim's chest and arms, and setting it on fire. The victim may take up to 20 minutes to die, suffering severe burns in the process.

In 2008 the Practice of Necklacing returned to South Africa. He was a good man, like Jimmy Carter...but neither were competent. That said, he will be missed worldwide, and will be mourned. Let's not deify him though.

He became the point man for the dismantling of Apartheid in South Africa. That's pretty important. And he divorced his haradon of a wife, Winnie, as I recall.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 7:04 pm

Nelson Mandela, may you rest in peace.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 8:25 pm

Let us be inspired by his life, and go on from today to spread the ideals of peace and unity he so dearly held.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 8:29 pm

Rest in peace to a great man.

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2013, 11:18 pm

Nelson Mandela dies at 95

Respect where it's due...

That's 5 miles an hour faster than Paul Walker!

RIP

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2013, 12:12 am

the clone died... this guy was a clone the real one died in the 1980's
The Real One is Dead!