What do you guys think of this song I have written?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2013, 5:39 am

Lostiehere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2013, 12:21 pm

Awesome song and playing!! !

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 7:02 pm

:D NICE. :D

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 7:15 pm

It's excellent.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2013, 7:37 am

JSBACHlover wrote:
It's excellent.

Thank you so much :) What do you usually listen to?

musician_enigma
Raven
Raven

20 Dec 2013, 3:32 am

Dude, that was incredible. :D

Jermaine
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm

Awesome Work ! Nearly everyone of your songs are great.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2013, 8:02 am

musician_enigma wrote:

Thanks so much man. :D Really appreciate the feedback.
Love the piece of poetry at the bottom of your post by the way.

musician_enigma
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2013, 7:43 am

fibonaccispiral777 wrote:
musician_enigma wrote:

No problem man, I'll definitely subscribe next time I log into Youtube. :)

Oh and thank you too. :D
That poetry there is something I typed just for my signature on this website. It captures my constant struggle with Asperger's, that no one but me is aware of and I'd rather keep it that way... because no one can do anything, I don't want sympathy, and I refuse to victimize myself. As long as I stay determined and positive/happy this war is mine to win. Lose a battle every once in a while, I always recover, then comeback stronger than before. :D
I've been writing songs and poetry for about 7 years; the absolute best thing I can do to keep myself uplifted: put my thoughts/feelings on paper (especially as a song), helps me express. Eventually I'll record voice and instruments (with a band hopefully), which would be just euphoric, hearing the end result.
I'm not sure what I'll do with that poem though... most likely will leave it as a poem... or expand on it in a few years.

Hey, question. I'm wondering, what inspired your username?

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2013, 1:50 pm

musician_enigma wrote:
musician_enigma wrote:

That poetry there is something I typed just for my signature on this website. It captures my constant struggle with Asperger's, that no one but me is aware of and I'd rather keep it that way... because no one can do anything, I don't want sympathy, and I refuse to victimize myself. As long as I stay determined and positive/happy this war is mine to win. Lose a battle every once in a while, I always recover, then comeback stronger than before. :D
I've been writing songs and poetry for about 7 years; the absolute best thing I can do to keep myself uplifted: put my thoughts/feelings on paper (especially as a song), helps me express. Eventually I'll record voice and instruments (with a band hopefully), which would be just euphoric, hearing the end result.
I'm not sure what I'll do with that poem though... most likely will leave it as a poem... or expand on it in a few years.

Ah, I see, well definitely carry on with writing man. You are clearly very good at it and have a passion for wordplay. Yes, I agree, writing and music are the best things one can do when suffering in any aspect of one's life since there is no judgement within the sphere of art, only creative freedom and liberation to be oneself. As you say, our suffering is an important part of not being human but BECOMING human. Sorry you have been feeling like that but as you say it will make you a better person in the end. Suffering can lead to wisdom. Of course, this wisdom can lead to more suffering since knowledge can only make the human condition worse sometimes but it is only through suffering that our small, insignificant pleasures can become truly concrete. Yeah, I personally like it as it is, as a poem. The words already have a very nice rhythmic flow to them and since it is conveying an emotional landscape quite complex, I feel music would be somewhat distracting but some may feel different. If you ever want to put some music over it though, just hit me up :) On the subject of art, I often find when writing that I am truly there in the 'moment'. It sounds cheesy and cliche but whether you are writing, painting or doing poetry, it feels like one is truly in connection with one's truly internal self when one is indulging in any artistic practice, one is no longer analyzing one's situation but experiencing the direct, unadulterated sensation of being within it and playing it out. Sorry, that probably sounded like psuedo-intellectual bollocks.

musician_enigma
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2013, 6:58 pm

musician_enigma wrote:
musician_enigma wrote:

Ah, I see, well definitely carry on with writing man. You are clearly very good at it and have a passion for wordplay. Yes, I agree, writing and music are the best things one can do when suffering in any aspect of one's life since there is no judgement within the sphere of art, only creative freedom and liberation to be oneself. As you say, our suffering is an important part of not being human but BECOMING human. Sorry you have been feeling like that but as you say it will make you a better person in the end. Suffering can lead to wisdom. Of course, this wisdom can lead to more suffering since knowledge can only make the human condition worse sometimes but it is only through suffering that our small, insignificant pleasures can become truly concrete. Yeah, I personally like it as it is, as a poem. The words already have a very nice rhythmic flow to them and since it is conveying an emotional landscape quite complex, I feel music would be somewhat distracting but some may feel different. If you ever want to put some music over it though, just hit me up :) On the subject of art, I often find when writing that I am truly there in the 'moment'. It sounds cheesy and cliche but whether you are writing, painting or doing poetry, it feels like one is truly in connection with one's truly internal self when one is indulging in any artistic practice, one is no longer analyzing one's situation but experiencing the direct, unadulterated sensation of being within it and playing it out. Sorry, that probably sounded like psuedo-intellectual bollocks.

Eh, I'll always be fine, despite my difficulties, and I'll continue to learn, grow, and evolve. If I fall, I might become a little depressed but soon I get back up, can't give in. It definitely helps to try to avoid over-analyzing, think positive not negative. Listen to whatever music will fix the mood, or just take a nap lol, then write about it when I get better. Though... I don't really write too many songs about myself, and the lyrics usually aren't quite as "wordy" as my poem, because, that would be difficult to turn into a singing melody (Extreme Metal tends to have "wordy" lyrics lol, the stuff I write is more alternative rock, hard rock, alternative metal plus whatever sub-genres). Keeping it as just a poem would be much easier, or I might have to implement some song structure... or try dragging out six lines (like the song Anniversary of An Uninteresting Event by Deftones, though with less words). Turning poem into song is much tougher than starting with a song then turning it to poem, for me at least lol. You'd be the first person I hit up to collaborate if I decided to put music to it. :)
Subject of art: Totally understood dude. I agree. It's beyond euphoric to get lost in the creation. You say, "cheesy, cliche, psuedo-intellectual"- Hey, absolutely no judgment from me. I know, personally, I have to hold back when expressing my thoughts online or I become over-passionate when typing hahaha.

KC2014
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jan 2014, 11:58 pm

Wow, that was fantastic!