Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2013, 4:06 am

League_Girl wrote:
grahamguitarman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Would it even kill your family to remind you like putting in a new trash bag? I am sure after a while it will be sunk into your routine they won't have to remind you anymore.

I have noticed that people don't seem to like having to remind people to do things. I know everyone does this every now and then but some people tend to do it more often.

Is it really an aspie thing to forget to do things? I had this trouble at my old work and even writing it down never helped because I would forget to even look at the pad. My office clerk hating reminding me to deliver something to the guests and always made me feel bad about it. I will never understand why this is an issue for some people to have to remind someone to do it.

Probably for the same reason that people hate to be asked to repeat themselves when you can't understand them. Being hard of hearing I get hostility all the time from people who dislike having to repeat themselves :( It's as if by needing those prompts or repeats you are being a burden to them?

Have you told them you are hard of hearing?

Yes, and in some cases they were very understanding, in others they still got impatient anyway - depends on the individual I guess. Mostly it's when I'm out in public that I get the most problems cause I'm dealing with people who don't know me, and it gets wearing having to tell strangers that you have problems lol.

I wish now that I had known I was autistic when I was in my last job. Maybe if I had been able to explain about my disability there could have been more accommodations and understanding from my co-workers, and I might have still been there!. Though one particular lady would still have been nasty, simply because she was nasty to everyone regardless (an equal opportunity hater?). My boss would certainly have been very understanding and accommodating :)

Anyway I'm hijacking this thread :oops:

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.