Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 5:10 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=91050

I'm not one of those people who have problems with black people but come on seriously making Lex Luthor one of the most iconic supervillains an african american dosn't feel right. Luthor should be white and I know it's not official but in my experience anything that you don't want to be official is already official.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 5:24 pm

Well, they did have a black Perry White and Harvey Dent. I see they also made the Mother Superior from The Sound Of Music black, and this was from WWII Vienna! I guess it's a reflection of the times we live in.

AGhostWriter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2013, 6:00 pm

I would approve, but if they do go with a black actor for Lex Luthor I'll be wary for idiots spouting off bad Obama related jokes upon learning of it. If they get Denzel Washington to play Lex Luthor than I literally could not ask for anything more than that with the casting. I was only worried about the casting of Lex Luthor when I heard Snyder describe his vision of Lex as being a 'mix between Richard Branson and Brad Pitt, with hair.'.
I can understand why some might feel Lex should be white, because in a weird, terrible way it does kind of suit his overall character better, but since only the people involved in the production know how the character is actually meant to be perceived, I'll let them cast any actor of any ethnicity they choose without any complaint.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 10:09 pm

:lol: Fred Sanford: Evil Genius.

"Shut up, you big dummy - Imma take over the world."

[img][img]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/buddatek_inc/a11.jpg[/img][/img]

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2013, 1:37 am

It's official, Tyler Perry is the new Lex Luther.

"What do I care about law? Ain't I got the power?"
Cornelius Vanderbilt

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 6:42 pm

My wife had read Denzel Washington was in the running.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2013, 2:14 pm

For those that watched the animated series, Lex was somewhat racially ambiguous.
I would have preferred Bryan Cranston, Terry O' Quinn or Idris Elba, the other names floated around to Tyler Perry.