Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 4:20 pm

appletheclown wrote:
I just want a job, and a GF. Why do the laws even need to change?

Theres getting a job, and there's getting a job with a dignified wage and workplace conditions.

You have to understand that the forces at work here that want to uphold the synonymity between property and liberty want you to have as few of these things as possible.

My deviant art profile

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 4:26 pm

Yeah, your talking to a guy who is addicted to machining, welding, and metalworking. None of those have good work conditions, or very high pay, but it would be a job I would love to do. I also like Manga, Dostoevsky, and Skyrim. But I dream of being able to earn that stuff myself, I could care less how greasy and stinky I am when I come home.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 4:46 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Yeah, your talking to a guy who is addicted to machining, welding, and metalworking. None of those have good work conditions, or very high pay, but it would be a job I would love to do. I also like Manga, Dostoevsky, and Skyrim. But I dream of being able to earn that stuff myself, I could care less how greasy and stinky I am when I come home.

Thats all very noble of you and I respect you for that.

I genuinely hope in spite of the current challenges you get the job you desire.

However, I'm less fond of these Etonians, socialites, financeers and fatcats that just sit on their backsides earning millions or even billions and all the while posture to the rest of us about how inferior we are even though the only thing we did wrong was be born into a more adverse background.

My deviant art profile

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2013, 4:47 pm

'Freedom' and 'liberty' or different to every person. The question of the poster was why do the powerful fight for freedom, I answered it.

In the real world freedom cost money, so Freedoms not free. Editing out the whole Thomas just makes you look like a desperate propagandist who admittingly feels is losing the culture war. You don't seem to be arguing my points, you just hate how it ends up playing out...with lot's of adorable angst that makes me laugh.

Your not arguing that because of Money, I can access my personal doctor or Dentist and get an appointment before Your system could. Thus for me, our system is better. I never even wait a week for most occasions. America Rocks!! !!

Why won't the rich fight for others liberty? Look at you for example Thomas, I don't feel sorry for you...you whine too much and turns me off to the poor's causes. Your constantly shrill attacks when others disagree, and petty cheapshots make me think people like you are either bad or weak-minded regardless of the truth. It makes me in turn have contempt for the poor...

Calling a person an A-hole and other cheap insults are the tools of the tooless. (You only make me feel superior bro, your a real ego stroker...)

You are making a self-defeating argument as is, you offer no solutions that can happen.
Your either saying folks should 1. Forgo any advantage to help make things fair. or 2. Take up your fight to where we have no stakes.

It's not rational, or logical to do either. Attacking a person answering the OP, is just immature baby sh!t....that does not go far here in America Tommy.

"What do I care about law? Ain't I got the power?"
Cornelius Vanderbilt

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 4:58 pm

I'm not going to respond to you any more Aut-Mill, because you argue from a position of dogma and absolutism. Its impossible to debate with someone coming from that pedestal.

You keep coming at the 'Freedom ain't free' line as if its a black and white issue. Or perhaps you're using the Joseph Goebbels tradition to win people over to your way of thinking.

[img][800:400]http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-if-you-tell-a-lie-big-enough-and-keep-repeating-it-people-will-eventually-come-to-believe-it-joseph-goebbels-383851.jpg[/img]

My deviant art profile

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2013, 5:11 pm

thomas81 wrote:
I'm not going to respond to you any more Aut-Mill, because you argue from a position of dogma and absolutism. Its impossible to debate with someone coming from that pedestal.

You keep coming at the 'Freedom ain't free' line as if its a black and white issue. Or perhaps you're using the Joseph Goebbels tradition to win people over to your way of thinking.

[img][800:400]http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-if-you-tell-a-lie-big-enough-and-keep-repeating-it-people-will-eventually-come-to-believe-it-joseph-goebbels-383851.jpg[/img]

That's what you do!! ! Showing your hero Geobbels just makes you look creepy. Is that why you post all the propaganda threads...because of your hero?

Not talking to me anymore? That's not fun.... I don't believe you.

Cornelius Vanderbilt

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 5:25 pm

AutisticMillionaire wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

That's what you do!! ! Showing your hero Geobbels just makes you look creepy. Is that why you post all the propaganda threads...because of your hero?

Not talking to me anymore? That's not fun.... I don't believe you.

He was being sarcastic AND talking about YOU.
At least he learns from the mistakes of that man, and uses his quote to mock you.
Your too absolutist to even give pro-life people the right to speak. At least he would allow me to debate with him.

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2013, 5:35 pm

I give pro-life people the right to speak, I just feel no one has the responsibility to listen to them.

Cornelius Vanderbilt

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 5:55 pm

I give pro-life people the right to speak, I just feel no one has the responsibility to listen to them.

And that kind of self serving attitude deserves my respect back? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2013, 6:10 pm

appletheclown wrote:

And that kind of self serving attitude deserves my respect back? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, as it's none of your business. The world has enough gossipy Susan's trying to control others, when people don't need to be controlled. We are free people and that's good. I don't know you, but you seem to lean in the fascist/progressive control camp. I'm a Libertarian and will never agree as I think freedom and choice are all important.

That is not self-serving... If I think you should paint your house green, are you self-serving to ignore me?
No I just think, a person has the right not to have others limit them if they are harming no other taxpayers. I don't want people like you or anyone else telling one what folks can do with their body, or what to buy, or where to go.

We are political opponents, unlike you guys I can argue without resorting to insults...but I can't really help my snark. Sorry if that offends.

Cornelius Vanderbilt

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm

appletheclown wrote:

Yeah, as it's none of your business. The world has enough gossipy Susan's trying to control others, when people don't need to be controlled. We are free people and that's good. I don't know you, but you seem to lean in the fascist/progressive control camp. I'm a Libertarian and will never agree as I think freedom and choice are all important.

That is not self-serving... If I think you should paint your house green, are you self-serving to ignore me?
No I just think, a person has the right not to have others limit them if they are harming no other taxpayers. I don't want people like you or anyone else telling one what folks can do with their body, or what to buy, or where to go.

We are political opponents, unlike you guys I can argue without resorting to insults...but I can't really help my snark. Sorry if that offends.

There are anarchists I respect more than you, because they did not completely tell me my ideas were worthless. He actually tried to be my friend. That is how much of a snark you are.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 6:30 pm

thomas81 wrote:
have you never heard that freedom is not free? :twisted:

Ah yes, that old chestnut. Taking a hackneyed turn of speech or axiom and presenting it as an absolute truth.

If you present freedom as not being free without having even defined what something as abstract as freedom means, then you've already shut down the debate before its even started.

Freedom can be as free as the society practicing it wants.

You guys are all wrong.

Freedom in America is free. You're free to stuff your gullet every night with filet mignon (if you can afford it) or to starve in the gutter (if you can't).

It's JUSTICE that's rare and costly in the 'States...

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2013, 6:41 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Ah yes, that old chestnut. Taking a hackneyed turn of speech or axiom and presenting it as an absolute truth.

If you present freedom as not being free without having even defined what something as abstract as freedom means, then you've already shut down the debate before its even started.

You guys are all wrong.

Freedom in America is free. You're free to stuff your gullet every night with filet mignon (if you can afford it) or to starve in the gutter (if you can't).

LoL at least you get the truth... my point exactly as Cronkite used to say "and that's the way it was/is"

appletheclown: Your a kid, not my peer...I'm not trying to make you my friend. Going to hysterics only makes me think you have nothing to say but if your rational and civil I'm willing to hear your point.

Cornelius Vanderbilt

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 7:04 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

You guys are all wrong.

LoL at least you get the truth... my point exactly as Cronkite used to say "and that's the way it was/is"

appletheclown: Your a kid, not my peer...I'm not trying to make you my friend. Going to hysterics only makes me think you have nothing to say but if your rational and civil I'm willing to hear your point.

I never said you had to believe what we say. I was making the point you seem to refuse to listen to anyone who disagrees with you, pretty childish, no offense. THAT, was my only point, THAT you were being a little stubborn/close minded. You say we are wrong because we don't have to be listened to, and that we don't have the right to tell someone what to do? Well sorry if it upsets you, but everyone has the right to tell someone whatever the heck they want, whether they decide to agree is up to them. When you get yelled at, do you think about what he is trying to say, to see if what he says makes sense, no you say STOP YELLING, I agree I'll try to stop yelling sorry. My age has nothing to do with my credibility wiseman.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm

thomas81 wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
I just want a job, and a GF. Why do the laws even need to change?

Theres getting a job, and there's getting a job with a dignified wage and workplace conditions.

You have to understand that the forces at work here that want to uphold the synonymity between property and liberty want you to have as few of these things as possible.

Dignified? That is somewhere between your ears and behind your eyes.

You have a marvelous talent for confusing fact with subjective ravings.

ruveyn

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2013, 7:51 pm

appletheclown wrote:

I never said you had to believe what we say. I was making the point you seem to refuse to listen to anyone who disagrees with you, pretty childish, no offense. THAT, was my only point, THAT you were being a little stubborn/close minded. You say we are wrong because we don't have to be listened to, and that we don't have the right to tell someone what to do? Well sorry if it upsets you, but everyone has the right to tell someone whatever the heck they want, whether they decide to agree is up to them. When you get yelled at, do you think about what he is trying to say, to see if what he says makes sense, no you say STOP YELLING, I agree I'll try to stop yelling sorry. My age has nothing to do with my credibility wiseman.[/quote]

Did someone call you childish today kid, lol...you keep using it wrongly. Son, I've been voting longer than you were alive, and just because you think something does not make it true...just like my opinions are not Gods words. You will learn that often not everyone has equal information. Most of your interpretations show me how low-functional you are so I'll be less mean-spirited in my verbiage.

Example: What do you know about life or anything? Life gives experience and context to things, When you start working, get married and owning your own home you will learn to filter things. Only children hang on everyone's word... Talk to your dad, I'll bet he will agree with me on this.

Reread the thread your talking about, your getting way hysterical and too intense. Your insistence to have Victimized Women consider the point of your side, or of the political lemmings that make laws. It's not just in bad taste, it's perceived as intolerantly insensitive and insane to those who understand the issue from my side. Have a forum opinion ok, as long as you don't try to limit it in reality...otherwise you are an opponent.

Who said I was upset, I'm loving this.....you must not know me. You ramble and invent things like your playing with your action figures. It's in your head, though it fascinates how many young Aspies do that. I makes me wonder if I did at that age...

The yelling is a false argument... "It's more like your a Homeless man, and the Victim is a person not wanting to be disturbed. The Homeless man starts harassing the person who does not want the contact. Debate the morality, or argue the points...all I hear is whining about me and not your point.

Keep in Mind I love the topic to be about me, I'm a fascinating subject, artist, husband, self-made millionaire...yeah let's just talk about me! :twisted:

Look, I'm a tad abrasive and occasionally flippant.. You hijacked this thread from why wealthy people tend to fight for peoples freedoms by not even commenting on the threads topic. You only took your fit from another thread to get me... :D I don't think it's healthy or fair for me to argue you...as I get mean, and your too young. I'll end up saying something cruel so I'm gonna drop it tonight.

Thomas though I like irritating you bro, as your old enough to take it. You like ignored me for like 3 minutes hehe. :twisted:

Goodnight til tomorrow buddies!

Cornelius Vanderbilt