Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2013, 7:44 am

Click here for the story

Quote:
Carter's police vehicle didn't have the usual dashboard camera because his car was new, and the camera had fallen off when a temperature change stopped the glue from setting, the university said. But Redus' friends say he was unlikely to attack anyone—a fun-loving co-valedictorian at a Christian high school, he was "the sweetest, kindest gentlest person," a friend said. A neighbor told the San Antonio Express-News he heard the struggle downstairs, with one man telling the other to stop resisting. "Then the cop said, 'I'm going to shoot,'" the neighbor said, and a man replied, "'Oh, you're gonna shoot me?' like sarcastic almost." Then shots were fired. Carter is on administrative leave while police investigate.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

Carter needs to be strapped on that gurney in Huntville.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 10:13 pm

That's not cool. :ncool:

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 10:53 pm

You know what would be interesting? A case of a cop getting away with yet another murder as "justified" being in turn assassinated by someone avenging the victim, and the reactions of society to that... in the event that the suspect is at large, that the suspect is in custody, to see the media, the reactions.

Sherell
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2013, 9:55 pm

Really too messy.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 2:18 am

I was actually going to make a thread about this myself, until I saw yours...

Yes, folks: I am a UIW student, and was at a complete loss of words when I heard this happened just awhile ago... Cause I didn't know about it at the time.

I did not know Redus or his family personally, so I can't really make too many judgements on what was said about him...

All I can really do is question the intentions of that police officer, and the overall security of my campus grounds.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 10:10 am

Every time I hear about police brutality, I lean more toward being an anarchist.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm

Join the anarchists. We have non-tax funded cookies, baked by co-operatives using open source equipment.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 8:14 pm

Also, I wouldn't believe that article word-for-word, either. Take a look at this one: UIW police officer involved in fatal shooting

It's quite possible that people out there are making the kid look bad by spreading rumors.

Sad world, we live in...

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 10:33 pm

FluttercordAspie93 wrote:
Also, I wouldn't believe that article word-for-word, either. Take a look at this one: UIW police officer involved in fatal shooting

It's quite possible that people out there are making the kid look bad by spreading rumors.

Sad world, we live in...

They always do that. Take the Kelly Thomas case. That disgrace of a judge is allowing the police's counsel to put Thomas on trial with irrelevant testimony designed to get the jury to buy the idea that the police did a good thing getting rid of Thomas. That judge ought to be disbarred at once.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 11:59 pm

Here in Houston, HPD officers swear an oath to "serve and protect", but in reality, all they do is beat up black people. (google "Chad Holley")

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 2:51 am

The Houston PD also is infamous for its uselessness during the Houston Mass Murders. Teenage boys were disappearing and they'd say "they're just runaways"... Dean Corll was not brought down by the police.