Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Dec 2013, 10:36 pm

OK, this is a form of gaming, so I thought I'd put it here. Here goes......
----
Yes, I buy scratch tickets when I'm in the mood. The most I won so far is a combined $31 out of two $1 scratch tickets.

In my state (Washington), they come in $1, $2, $3, $5, $10, and $20 varieties. The higher the price, the higher the big prize becomes (and the longer the odds get of winning them). I just might get that Washington Millioniare V ticket someday....... and if I win big, great! :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 10:40 pm

I have yet to buy a scratch ticket, I have thought about it though. I think I'd probably go with the $1 ones since then the worst that happens is I wasted a dollar it would be cool to win something though.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 1:47 am

Meh. I can't at all get into the no-skill based win/lose setup of traditional gambling. It's just not for me.

On an only distantly related note: if you lie(d?) whose line, you might also like/love @midnight on Comedy Central. I think it's coming back in January. Not sure, though, since online TV has way fewer commercials, and a Roku is all we have. =/

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Dec 2013, 11:57 pm

Oh.

I did win $30 earlier this year on a $1 scratch ticket, and I most recently won $10 on a $1 scratch ticket earlier this week. Does this mean if I get the higher-priced scratch tickets, I could win $50, $100, or even more? It just might.........

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

darkfuji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Dec 2013, 7:59 am

equestriatola wrote:
Oh.

I did win $30 earlier this year on a $1 scratch ticket, and I most recently won $10 on a $1 scratch ticket earlier this week. Does this mean if I get the higher-priced scratch tickets, I could win $50, $100, or even more? It just might.........

Nah the dollar ones are a gateway drug, they often dont get much money off of them, whilst the people that have become addicted go onto the higher value cards and never win but keep playing anyway.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2013, 2:53 pm

Most I won was £20 on a £1 scratch card.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 8:06 am

In general, scratch tickets are pretty much guaranteed losers. You might win once in a while, but most people just sink that back into more tickets.

I met someone once who would cash his paycheck and head for a store to buy scratch tickets. He would spend it all on scratch tickets, scratch them off, and cash in the winners. Then he would use that cash for more tickets. Once was down to nothing, he would quit.

At least with the big lotteries, if you win you aren't nearly as likely to spend all that on more lottery tickets.