Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 12:17 pm

I've had to make the best possible use of partial information, from many different sources, so acknowledge that I can't think of everything. I believe that body functions can be gross, and products of fermentation can be dangerous if they are not treated carefully.

Probiotics, acidophilus, etc. –

I didn't see any noticeable difference from pills, which were chalky, off-tasting, and sometimes included unusual animal secretions. Ox bile is not unheard of.

I always have trouble with new foods, at first. Even the normal ones. I have to exercise self control, not to spit it out, and I panic a little, as it sits.

I have carefully taken sips and nibbles of probiotic foods like kimchi and kombucha. (There are many more.) I wanted to wretch, to be honest. It noticeably upset my system, at first, and caused me to void myself. So, I paced my intake, very carefully.

No vinegar is necessary for these recipes. I personally find vinegar to be harsh and unpleasant (although live ones are smoother and sweeter.) Flavors should be crisp, clean, and fruity -- not sour or rancid.

It is possible to use many different vegetables, and spices are not strictly necessary.

Now, I feel as though I have acclimatized to it. Probiotic cultures have apparently colonized me, reducing bloating and (mental) lethargy over the course of weeks. An unexpected benefit is that a healthier balance of bacteria in the gut and mouth also seems to moderate chronic sinus and ear infections, as well as improving overall body odor and rashiness.

Seeds, etc. --
I would consider nuts and seeds to be more ordinary but expensive. I have benefited from neighborhood trees, which noone particularly wanted, asked for nuts on holidays, look in discount and bulk stores, and have even taken to growing some.

I have gaps in my teeth so pay extra attention to chewing thoroughly. Used to eating much-softer foods, I would personally associate the bits and pieces of nuts with something sharp in my sensitive stomach. My gums were not tough enough to take much, at first, and my throat would be raspy.

Once I was able to chew them (pardon me) into a creamy consistency, like runny oatmeal, I felt it was absorbing irritants, from my stomach and bowels, forming bulk, and sweeping them through.

Better nuts have an oiliness, which coats the mouth, is beneficial to nerves and probably every other tissue.

Some of the smaller seeds, sold as health food novelties, have permeable seed coats. When you stir them into drinks, broths, doughs, and so on, they become slippery. Everything good in these seeds is understood to have surfaced.

Besides pumpkin seeds (hull and all), seed grapes, pomegranates, and figs have been held in the same regard, with thorough chewing being a very-traditional consideration.

When eaten in sufficient quantity, nuts release calories, reliably, constantly, over the long haul.

I did not feel conspicuously overweight, did not have any intentions of watching what I eat or how I eat it, but I do happen to be eating more while slimming down.