Punk, Post Punk, Goth Rock/Deathrock anyone?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2013, 7:52 am

I hate punk, post punk, Goth rock, and death rock! I'm a women's music buff.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 1:18 pm

I saw the Dead Boys live around 1978 when they played with The Damned at the Roundhouse.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 2:49 pm

SwampThing258 wrote:
anyone on here fans of bands ranging from the Cramps to Bauhaus and Christian Death to Killing Joke, New York Dolls, Asylum Party, Specimen, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Dead Boys, Black Flag, etc ?

I've been running goth and punk zines since I was 17 so it's nice to meet others who like the same kind of music, been involved with the subcultures for just as long and djing for six years.

I'm quite the fan of Siouxsie and Bauhaus! Heard of the others but not into them quite as much. More into mid-2000s goth/darkwave stuff like Ego Likeness and The Last Dance

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 10:20 pm

queensamaria wrote:

What about punk/metal/alternative bands that are all female or have female singers?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 12:48 pm

salamandaqwerty wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6RoWUGz520[/youtube]

Cramps are awesome fun to listen to

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8pKfwuc_kc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlpW6lCVuSs[/youtube]

R.I.P. Scott Asheton
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 4-20140316
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vnwSVTOnqQ[/youtube]

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 1:17 am

Punk:

Post Punk

Goth Rock

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 1:20 am

Indeed, I do enjoy those genres alongside all the metal and psychedelic rock...especially Christian Death, Asylum Party and Specimen out of the ones you listed.

And a couple others that come to mind:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 1:33 am

queensamaria wrote:

What exactly constitutes womens music?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 7:40 pm

Over 30 years before my differences were given an official name these groups and their creative contemporaries made me realize it was ok to be different and I could have fun being different. Thanks goes to college/university radio programs particularly WHRC (Hofstra University) "Post Punk Progressive Pop Party" program and WNYU's (New York University) "New Afternoon Show" and a couple of alternative commercial radio stations WPIX-FM which an all to short run as a "New Wave" station and later on WLIR whose slogan was "Dare to be Different" for exposing me to this music. Otherwise I would have been stuck with Styx, Journey and Toto

pogo on

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

theclash123
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm

I have seen Black Flag, The Misfits, The Adolescents, Mustard Plug, Agent Orange, The Lower Class Brats, Guttermouth, and numerous other bands that I can't think of at the moment. I saw Black Flag last July in Wyoming of all places! That was interesting. :)

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 1:13 am

Some Bands/Songs that were seemed incredibly rebellious and subversive 30 years ago now sound like bubble gum pop.

Here's one that still sounds raw to me:

and the Cramps will never be pop:

LucidDark0629
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Apr 2015, 3:53 am

Souxsi is pretty great, as are the Misfits. Lately though, I've gotten quite a bit into psychobilly. I.E; The Demented are Go!

For those that have never heard the genre, it is a combination of punk and late 1950's style rockabilly. Think 'drunk, pissed-off swearing Elvis covered in tatoos'.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 1:35 am

LucidDark0629 wrote:
Souxsi is pretty great, as are the Misfits. Lately though, I've gotten quite a bit into psychobilly. I.E; The Demented are Go!

For those that have never heard the genre, it is a combination of punk and late 1950's style rockabilly. Think 'drunk, pissed-off swearing Elvis covered in tatoos'.

That is a style I do enjoy as well.

LucidDark0629
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2015, 4:07 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
LucidDark0629 wrote:

Awesome! You're the first person I've met who likes the genre... No one in my whole circle of friends even bothers. What bands do you listen to?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 12:15 pm

LucidDark0629 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LucidDark0629 wrote:

Awesome! You're the first person I've met who likes the genre... No one in my whole circle of friends even bothers. What bands do you listen to?

Demented are Go, The Horrorpops, Neckromantix, The Coffinshakers....uhhh and there are more, but I haven't listened to a lot of it lately so that is all that comes to mind at the moment. Lol I'd almost count Johhny Cash...but I guess he is more of a predecessor of this sort of music.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 2:39 am

Proto Goth Detroit Rock City 1960's garage