Punk, Post Punk, Goth Rock/Deathrock anyone?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 3:00 am

Does anyone else here listen to Severed Heads? I've been getting into them lately.

I also found this neat band I had never heard of before called Dead Can Dance.

As far as post-punk and related genres go, I've also been listening to Joy Division, a bit of Christian Death, and if they count, I'm a big fan of Depeche Mode's early work.

Now, for more "conventional" punk, you can't go wrong with Big Black!

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 1:16 am

Punk Women Riot Grrls and so on

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

^I love Christian Death and Joy Division, I have two Christian Death albums a vinyl and a cassette, and one CD of Joy Division I found at a thrift store. Funny thing is I only kinda recently got into Joy Division, kind of surprised I didn't hear them more earlier also find it a tad bit ironic the vocalist killed himself, it would seem perhaps their name contained a bit of sarcasm...it also sucks because those vocals are amazing and I will never have an opportunity to see it performed live.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 6:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
^I love Christian Death and Joy Division, I have two Christian Death albums a vinyl and a cassette, and one CD of Joy Division I found at a thrift store. Funny thing is I only kinda recently got into Joy Division, kind of surprised I didn't hear them more earlier also find it a tad bit ironic the vocalist killed himself, it would seem perhaps their name contained a bit of sarcasm...it also sucks because those vocals are amazing and I will never have an opportunity to see it performed live.

"Joy Division" is a reference to Jewish women forced to be sex slaves for the Nazis. There is a sense of irony, though not directly related to Curtis's thoughts of suicide. The Nazi reference also helps explain the name New Order.