Aspie Seeking Adrenaline/High Paying Career

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ridethespectrum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2013, 9:43 pm

Anyone have any suggestions? You can rule out anything that involves looking at a darn computer screen all day. Police officer, firefighter, EMT are already noted but would like some more to be added to list of possibilities. I have 4 years exp. with the military as a medical corpsman but I missed the window of "kicking ass & taking names" since the war has winded down and no one is really doing much these days. I am looking for something exciting, with a bit of challenge, and critical thinking involved. I want to get out of the military since I feel like I am short-changing myself so to speak since I know that I can do bigger and better but I dread the idea of working behind a damn desk and computer for the rest of my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 11:59 pm

How about medical school and working in the ER?

Now, if you're a story/narrative type of Aspie like I am, you might need to pre-study the math and science courses to get ahead of the curve. But then, once it's time for medical school and the case study method, you might really eat that up. And of course embrace, acknowledge, and matter-of-factly recover from mistakes.

PS I do not work in medicine, but wish I did. It's a big interest of mine.