Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 7:25 am

Neither, really.
If I'm super tired they do make it easier for me to awake.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 10:14 pm

All most any energy drink is consists of the following....

Sugar

Caffeine

B-vitamin complex

It's the B-vitamin complex that makes you alert second to the caffeine. You can buy a bottle of the stuff in Wal-Mart (or most any store with a supplement section) and pop as many of those as you please.

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Dec 2013, 10:44 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
All most any energy drink is consists of the following....

Sugar

Caffeine

B-vitamin complex

It's the B-vitamin complex that makes you alert second to the caffeine. You can buy a bottle of the stuff in Wal-Mart (or most any store with a supplement section) and pop as many of those as you please.

Does the B-vitamin complex cause a crash? For me, caffeine pills don't cause a crash but I don't know anything about the B vitamin thing.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 6:46 am

I've not heard of a crash from B-complex vitamins, but they also don't "hop" you up like caffeine does and then leave you down when it wears off. It's more gradual.

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2013, 10:20 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
I've not heard of a crash from B-complex vitamins, but they also don't "hop" you up like caffeine does and then leave you down when it wears off. It's more gradual.

I personally like the hop and down feeling I get from it being in my body then leaving. I feel happy when it is active, and relaxed at the end of the day when it wears off. And also, I am more energetic naturally at the end of the day and crabby-slowish in the morning. So it works really well with me.

One problem I get is that it makes me really hot. I feel overheated if I don't drink a fair amount of water.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 1:24 am

Keep in mind, though, that the post-caffeine crash might not be worth it. More so, if you are prone to migraines (as I am), the caffeine will solve the migraine, but is you get too used to it, once you go into caffeine withdraw, your migraines will come back. It's why I use my migraine medicine sparingly.

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2013, 7:07 am

I drink lots of caffeine to keep me awake and to help me concentrate and give me an energy boost. Energy drinks are unlikely to make you more sociable. Apparently alcohol makes people more sociable but it does not make me more sociable, it only makes me moody and eventually tired if I drink too much alcohol.

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2013, 5:40 pm

Alcohol is a social lubricant because it removes inhibitions. Things you were keeping quiet while sober, you simply can't wait to tell people when you're drunk. But it only really works when everyone does it. And only then if the things you're keeping quiet are socially acceptable in the first place.