Slightly underweight or curvy/slightly overweight?

Page 12 of 14 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,271
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Dec 2013, 3:54 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
leafplant wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Personally, my male ideal is a tiny bit on the slender side, mildly muscular but without particularly noticeable muscle definition, and with a bit of a gut - not the 9-months-pregnant look, but maybe a small pillow. In other words, doesn't necessarily look strong but is not a total weakling, and there's something about the slight gut that makes him look mature, real, and not overly concerned with his looks, i.e., is not vain. :lol:


You are a real woman you like a man with curves. I man with curves is a real man.

@leafplant I don't know you seem a bit of a hypocrite. You shouldn't begrudge skinny women and men that like them. Because you seem to be the same with your muscle men on the other extreme. :shrug:


It's not me who is a hypocrite. You are saying real man has curves (meaning he is fat) but is allowed to insist on dating super skinny women?

I don't begrudge anyone their preferences, but I do find it an interesting exercise to investigate what is behind the attractions people have. What I do begrudge is a societal norm that dictates that most men prefer skinny women which makes young girls starve themselves in an effort to be appealing to men. That I do begrudge.


I never said that about fat men. The real men have curves I was joking. I'm just pointing out the hypocrasy there. I've never seen a fat guy being held up as a male beauty standard. So why should it be any different for women.

Anyway if a fat guy wants to date skinny women I don't have a problem with that. It's not illegal or anything.

You do begrudge preferences though. You say that you don't like how men like skinny women. You typed it. :lol:
I bolded it for you.

You know young men are becoming gym junkies taking nasty stuff to try and get big and buff to become more appealing to women. Basically from women who have preferences like yourself. It's no different to women trying to become skinny.

MadeUnderground said it himself, he says most do it.


It's funny that when we point out that young guys are becoming gym and chemical junkies because of nowadays women's preferences, they go crying and accuse men of causing women to starve.

Tit-for-tat logic but it is not accurate at all.

Study after study and survey after survey are showing that straight men prefer curvy and average women over skinny, I am saying it again, the fashion industry is ruled by Gay men. Their ideal catwalk models who appear on tv and on magazines do not represent in any shape or form the common preferences of straight men.

have you ever met a straight man who likes anorexic catwalk models?


However, the other way around is a of different story: young guys not only are bombarded by the media how their bodies should look like, but a lot of girls do state boldly their preferences for buff, they say it directly or they say through their obvious reaction when they see some roided buff, all this create pressure and motivate guys to do anything to have a such body.

And yes, all this has a much more impact than any media over the young guys. Straight girls push guys directly and indirectly to take chemicals, while straight men are not to blamed for the whole false anorexia conspiracy theory.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

28 Dec 2013, 8:22 am

I can't be bothered with all the copy pasting but just wanted to say I have no idea where you get the idea that I hate skinny women. I don't. I do begrudge whoever it is that touts the idea that all men prefer skinny women (Boo explained it above), I'm sorry if that wasn't clear in my posts.

For example, I find this too skinny, personally, and would struggle to comprehend how in a chemically ruled male brain, this body type alone (note: not the person itself) would be sexually appealing. However, it clearly happens so this is why I want to understand. And yes, I think it myst be some sort of pathology because this person does not look like a healthy human female to me and biologically speaking does not send signals of great fecundity - which is according to science, the primary motivator behind the mating attraction.

Image

I don't like super buff guys either and Chris Hemsworth just happens to be a notable exception for me. I like people who are healthy and look after themselves and do like men with a gut too, actually I love it, it's so cute on some people as long as it's not a huge beer gut. So the fact that you are making all these assumptions about me means that you are not understanding my position either because you don't want to or because I haven't explained it well.

Either way, my overall position is that people should be healthy whatever they look like. If this girl above IS healthy, that's really all that matters and the fact that I think she should eat something is my problem.

As for the overweight women, I think you are on my case because you think I'm a rolly polly with an axe to grind. I am not.



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 118
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

28 Dec 2013, 9:22 am

Sure I agree she needs to eat something and doesn't look very well. But look at her bone structure, she is someone that is naturally skinny like other super models. You are being a bit selective.

For example I'll choose an extreme example. I give you Twiggy :P

I think she is very pretty and looks fine skinny

ImageImage

But here she looks anorexic

Image
Image

Super models are beautiful to you know. :roll:

I fully understand how the skinny super models can drive women nuts. But as boo said don't blame straight men, nothing to do with us.


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,617
Location: Aux Arcs

28 Dec 2013, 9:41 am

She does look pretty in the first pic,willowy.Too skinny to be healthy in the latter.
That look would be unattainable for me because I have a larger bone structure.Im not beating myself up over it.
Anyway there is a saying,"meat is for man,bone is for the dog."
Models are suppose to show off the clothes,so the clothing looks like its on a clothes hanger.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 118
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

28 Dec 2013, 9:58 am

Misslizard wrote:
She does look pretty in the first pic,willowy.Too skinny to be healthy in the latter.
That look would be unattainable for me because I have a larger bone structure.Im not beating myself up over it.
Anyway there is a saying,"meat is for man,bone is for the dog."
Models are suppose to show off the clothes,so the clothing looks like its on a clothes hanger.


Twiggy kind of reminds me a bit of my Aunty. Same body type she had four children, she is a very fit and healthy woman. Nothing wrong with being skinny. No need to put skinny people down.

Shapely and curvy is also attractive Misslizard so you are beautiful too. :wink:


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

28 Dec 2013, 10:06 am

but you keep avoiding the issue. Is Twiggy SEXUALLY appealing? She looks like a child. There is a word that describes people who are sexually attracted to children. :roll:



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 118
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

28 Dec 2013, 10:28 am

I would go for a tall woman a short woman. A curvy woman, a cubby woman and a skinny woman. Yes I would go for twiggy. I just used her as an extreme example to prove my point.

I'm a skinny guy to, if you saw what I looked like, you would probably say or think that I'm not mainly enough for you. I'm sure you would.

But meh keep on bashing on skinny people all you like. I give up. It really is impossible to through to people.

Like the point has been made over and over again. Seems pointless really. :shrug:


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,134
Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Dec 2013, 10:28 am

I'm not too picky. I really could go either way.


_________________
LIONS-STAMPEDERS-ESKIMOS-ROUGHRIDERS-BLUE BOMBERS-TIGER-CATS-ARGONAUTS-REDBLACKS-ALOUETTES

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."


Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

28 Dec 2013, 10:38 am

Funny that generations of women since Twiggy have endangered their health by starving themselves to look like an underdeveloped teenager, which she herself does not favor. FWIW, she was 15 when she began modeling, and left the business before she was 20. So.....for 40-some years, an underdeveloped teenage girl has been the fashion industry's ideal of what a WOMAN should look like? That's the part that pisses me off.

***From Wikipedia: Twiggy and the magazines featuring her image polarised critics from the start. Her boyishly thin image was criticised as, and is still blamed for, promoting an "unhealthy" body ideal for women.[35][36] "Twiggy came along at a time when teen-age spending power was never greater," said Su Dalgleish, fashion correspondent for the Daily Mail. "With that underdeveloped, boyish figure, she is an idol to the 14- and 15-year-old kids. She makes virtue of all the terrible things of gawky, miserable adolescence."[37] At the height of her fame, Mark Cohen, president of Leeds Women's shop, had an even harsher view: "Her legs remind me of two painted worms." Yet Twiggy had her supporters. Diana Vreeland of Vogue stated, "She's no flash in the pan. She is the mini-girl in the mini-era. She's delicious looking."[37] In recent years Twiggy has spoken out against the trend of waif-thin models, explaining that her own thin weight as a teenager was natural: "I was very skinny, but that was just my natural build. I always ate sensibly – being thin was in my genes."[38]"



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 118
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

28 Dec 2013, 10:57 am

It is not twiggys fault she was skinny. Don't blame her or put down her body for how she is.

I agree with you on the fashion industry. I don't know why they choose super skinny models etc. Maybe making women insecure makes them buy more. My guess. But at the end of the day if people want to be stupid lemmings that is their choice.

Anyway I'm out.


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,617
Location: Aux Arcs

28 Dec 2013, 11:04 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
She does look pretty in the first pic,willowy.Too skinny to be healthy in the latter.
That look would be unattainable for me because I have a larger bone structure.Im not beating myself up over it.
Anyway there is a saying,"meat is for man,bone is for the dog."
Models are suppose to show off the clothes,so the clothing looks like its on a clothes hanger.


Twiggy kind of reminds me a bit of my Aunty. Same body type she had four children, she is a very fit and healthy woman. Nothing wrong with being skinny. No need to put skinny people down.

Shapely and curvy is also attractive Misslizard so you are beautiful too. :wink:

Well thank you. :D I am not putting down people who naturally have a small frame,it just looks unhealthy when women try to starve in a attempt to have a shape that is not natural to their frame.Slender and willowy is attractive,anorexia is not.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

28 Dec 2013, 11:18 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
It is not twiggys fault she was skinny. Don't blame her or put down her body for how she is.

I agree with you on the fashion industry. I don't know why they choose super skinny models etc. Maybe making women insecure makes them buy more. My guess. But at the end of the day if people want to be stupid lemmings that is their choice.

Anyway I'm out.


Nobody's blaming Twiggy herself, just the fashion industry for glorifying the waif-thin look as a universal female ideal. Even Twiggy didn't like the way she looked at the time, but fashion and media did their best to make it a mandatory standard of beauty for women of all ages. A naturally slender and willowy teenage girl is beautiful AS A CHILD, not as a WOMAN. Most female persons, by the time they are 18-20, no longer look that way naturally. Why should women be made to think there is something wrong with them if they DON'T look that way?



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

28 Dec 2013, 12:04 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I'm a skinny guy to, if you saw what I looked like, you would probably say or think that I'm not mainly enough for you. I'm sure you would.


how you look has nothing to do with how manly I think you are 'for me'. You could be a spitting image of Chris Hemsworth but with your personality I would still pass. No offence. Attraction is a complicated thing but you seem to completely cannot grasp the point that this thread is about attraction of a female body type to men. Everyone knows that the way female brain works is completely different. If you don't know this you should do some reading about the topic.



MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 635

28 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm

leafplant wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
I'm a skinny guy to, if you saw what I looked like, you would probably say or think that I'm not mainly enough for you. I'm sure you would.


how you look has nothing to do with how manly I think you are 'for me'. You could be a spitting image of Chris Hemsworth but with your personality I would still pass. No offence. Attraction is a complicated thing but you seem to completely cannot grasp the point that this thread is about attraction of a female body type to men. Everyone knows that the way female brain works is completely different. If you don't know this you should do some reading about the topic.



I don't know why but leafplant's posts always have this strange pull over me. I can't really describe it.
Is this what people would refer to as a mental attraction? :?

Or would it be an emotional one? Or an interest? I just don't understand it. I think this has only happened twice in my life. 8O



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

28 Dec 2013, 12:40 pm

MadeUnderground wrote:
leafplant wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
I'm a skinny guy to, if you saw what I looked like, you would probably say or think that I'm not mainly enough for you. I'm sure you would.


how you look has nothing to do with how manly I think you are 'for me'. You could be a spitting image of Chris Hemsworth but with your personality I would still pass. No offence. Attraction is a complicated thing but you seem to completely cannot grasp the point that this thread is about attraction of a female body type to men. Everyone knows that the way female brain works is completely different. If you don't know this you should do some reading about the topic.



I don't know why but leafplant's posts always have this strange pull over me. I can't really describe it.
Is this what people would refer to as a mental attraction? :?

Or would it be an emotional one? Or an interest? I just don't understand it. I think this has only happened twice in my life. 8O


<== is super flattered

I am like a fictional character in a book that you wish you could know in real life except I am not fictional! (probably)
:wink: