Slightly underweight or curvy/slightly overweight?

Page 13 of 14 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248
Location: Bay area, California

28 Dec 2013, 1:17 pm

leafplant wrote:
For example, I find this too skinny, personally, and would struggle to comprehend how in a chemically ruled male brain, this body type alone (note: not the person itself) would be sexually appealing. However, it clearly happens so this is why I want to understand. And yes, I think it myst be some sort of pathology because this person does not look like a healthy human female to me and biologically speaking does not send signals of great fecundity - which is according to science, the primary motivator behind the mating attraction.
Image


There are men who find obese women sexually attractive. I don't understand that either but don't really care to find out why.
Either way, those men are the minority.

leafplant wrote:
Either way, my overall position is that people should be healthy whatever they look like. If this girl above IS healthy, that's really all that matters and the fact that I think she should eat something is my problem.

When you see overweight women, do you think they should eat less?
I have a coworker who is that thin and she eats like a horse. I don't understand how she can eat so much and stay that thin.
I bet women who hate skinny women hate her more because there is no reason to bash her thinness.


And I don't think the fashion industry promotes super skinny women as the ideal beauty. They use those women because clothes hang better on them.
If you want to know what men think sexually attractive, just look at the girls in men's magazines.



TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

28 Dec 2013, 2:40 pm

I never see men reading Vogue or any fashion magazines. Only women do. I would blame the magazines but really I could equally blame women for not putting the magazines down and actually go after the source.

This is what happens when you allow sociopaths to have power. They know how to turn people against each other while nobody goes to the source. I bet not a single plump feminist has decided to go to the actual source. Instead they bully skinny women.

Also for Leafplant, Being overweight is something that should go out of style. Almost everywhere you look, you see someone who is at least 300 pounds. When people claim "it's beautiful" it's just as enabling as those who would tell an anoerexic woman she needs to lose more weight or she's not skinny enough. Most of the time women come up with these ideas not just from fashion magazines but from home too. It's a combination of bad upbringing mixed with Barbie dolls and fashion mags. It's the same in reverse where someone will let themselves go by eating a lot because something happened in their life that triggered a lot of stress or emotional pain. Mocking one is the same as mocking the other.

The big weight gain of a lot of members in our country which has spread to other countries over adapting to our piss poor chemically produced fake foods, aspartame, fast food, the mentality over convenience, less vegetable intake, chips, soda, etc...is the problem. Also, has anyone noticed nobody ever loses weight on diet drinks? Does anyone know the history of aspartame? Yet another jerk who cares nothing for people reversed the decision to not allow aspartame in foods.

Well look at our society now. Crummy attitudes, overweight or too skinny. We are what we eat and if we're constantly eating s**t, we're gonna feel like s**t, treat others like s**t and have just a shitty life.

Rather than admit there is a problem, blame the person who has the different body than your type then try to brainwash people into only liking your body size so you can live in denial.

Denial will not set you free, the truth will. The truth is something people toss out now because it's not "convenient", it's too damn harsh in our sensitive climate. Oh f*****g grab your tits or balls for once and not to masturbate and pull yourselves together. Do something about it instead of just covering it up or trying to fool people.

Want to know why I am thin in my 30's? There were a lot of foods I wouldn't touch and avoided like the plague growing up because I'd feel ill after. That would be:

1. Koolaid (yeah I got laughed at for turning down kool aid
2. Tang
3. Diet soda (ugggh....migraines!)
4. Gummy bears, gummy worms.
5. Anything with aspartame.
6. Didn't eat a lot of fast food.
7. Greasy deep fried stuff makes me nauseous
8. pork chops, ham disgusting.


I know what you're thinking...omg wtf eat something skinny b***h!

The truth is, I eat a lot. It's what I don't eat that matters.

Too many food colorings...get it off the list.

Aspertame, it is 200 times sweeter than sugar and was once invented as a neurotoxin. Just look up the history. I'm glad to know why I had adverse reactions to the stuff.

Look at bread sold in stores. You could make your own which will give you 0.5g of sugar per slice or less vs. 3-5g per slice. Now look at the fillers listed. Why do we need soy in everything now? Too much of anything is bad.

Don't eat the manufactured muffins. The fruit isn't even real.

If you have leaky gut syndrome (that s**t doesn't just happen for no damned reason regardless of what doctors say), take some probiotics and/or eat yogurt. avoid wheat for two days while eating yogurt.

If you go out to eat, look at what you are putting in your mouth. Most people have parasites especially in America because it's a subject that nobody talks about and doctors pretend it's a third world problem only. Not sure why considering the first 6 month check up was designed with parasites in mind and they do not help you what so ever. Parasites can either make you not be able to lose weight or gain weight. Some people end up losing weight while some end up gaining weight over parasites. They take your nutrients leaving you with the junk. All this fast food and people not paying attention to the fake food they are eating, chances of parasites are higher.

http://www.whyamiunhealthy.com/10-signs ... rid-of-it/

Underweight or overweight in this society...both are not getting nutrients. They are getting fake food. People that binge eat usually pick foods that give them a temporary high because the chemicals in the food give them that feeling but after eating, they still feel hungry because their body just got a bunch of junk and no nutrition.

Salads don't even give you much nutrition but it's still beneficial.


In the 1920's women were thin. They could have multiple babies and remain thin. Now however, that seems to be a distant memory. Why? The food has changed. Back then they were eating real food. There were more nutrients. Now we have to put up with corporations at every corner trying to control everything including the food. Didn't the Lorax from Dr. Seuss once try to warn us about greed?



Image



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

28 Dec 2013, 3:20 pm

I have never ever hated thin women for being thin and people going on about it as if it's true is boring.

I am slightly starting to hate them for being annoying :P :roll:

Obese people are not healthy either but weirdly I can understand men who find the obese women sexually attractive - it's the female characteristics taken to the extreme.

The rest of this thread is a bunch of thin people screaming their heads off complaining that everyone hates them for being thin when that's not true at all. However I am sorely tempted to postulate a new hypothesis that thin=utterly annoying, just based on this thread.
yeah, go on, tell me what you REALLY think of me now. :roll:



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,368
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Dec 2013, 4:03 pm

Quote:
And I don't think the fashion industry promotes super skinny women as the ideal beauty. They use those women because clothes hang better on them.
If you want to know what men think sexually attractive, just look at the girls in men's magazines.


Yup.



Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248
Location: Bay area, California

28 Dec 2013, 4:05 pm

leafplant wrote:
I have never ever hated thin women for being thin and people going on about it as if it's true is boring.

I am slightly starting to hate them for being annoying :P :roll:

Obese people are not healthy either but weirdly I can understand men who find the obese women sexually attractive - it's the female characteristics taken to the extreme.

The rest of this thread is a bunch of thin people screaming their heads off complaining that everyone hates them for being thin when that's not true at all. However I am sorely tempted to postulate a new hypothesis that thin=utterly annoying, just based on this thread.
yeah, go on, tell me what you REALLY think of me now. :roll:


Lol I never said YOU hate skinny women in particular. I don't know how you got labeled as the skinny hating spokeswoman.
You were not the one who called a thin woman "a bag of bones" after all.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,368
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Dec 2013, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
And I don't think the fashion industry promotes super skinny women as the ideal beauty. They use those women because clothes hang better on them.
If you want to know what men think sexually attractive, just look at the girls in men's magazines.


Yup.


In men's magazines, some of the women are usually voted as most desirable/attractive are Scarlett Johansson, Zooey Deschanel, Megan fox (bleh), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian (beugh)....

None of them are super skinny, what they all have in common is big boobs :lol:.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

28 Dec 2013, 4:31 pm

how can you not like Megan Fox, are you gay!? :P

Also, how do we know those FHM women are what men really like and not what the magazine industry wants them to like?



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,368
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Dec 2013, 5:08 pm

leafplant wrote:
how can you not like Megan Fox, are you gay!? :P



She has a vulgar type of beauty, and her tan looks so fake, not my taste.


Quote:
Also, how do we know those FHM women are what men really like and not what the magazine industry wants them to like?


We can't know, but they certainly know men better than women's fashion industry, it's their audience after all. Sexual references are not created by the media from scratch, they come from instincts and instincts are there before any media, the media just emphasizes on what the majority wants: supply and demand.

However, the emphasis on super skinny women in catwalk fashion is not for sexual reasons, they don't give a damn for what men prefer.



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 28 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

28 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm

leafplant wrote:
I have never ever hated thin women for being thin and people going on about it as if it's true is boring.

I am slightly starting to hate them for being annoying :P :roll:

Obese people are not healthy either but weirdly I can understand men who find the obese women sexually attractive - it's the female characteristics taken to the extreme.

The rest of this thread is a bunch of thin people screaming their heads off complaining that everyone hates them for being thin when that's not true at all. However I am sorely tempted to postulate a new hypothesis that thin=utterly annoying, just based on this thread.
yeah, go on, tell me what you REALLY think of me now. :roll:


I am starting to agree with you. :)



TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

28 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
And I don't think the fashion industry promotes super skinny women as the ideal beauty. They use those women because clothes hang better on them.
If you want to know what men think sexually attractive, just look at the girls in men's magazines.


Yup.


In men's magazines, some of the women are usually voted as most desirable/attractive are Scarlett Johansson, Zooey Deschanel, Megan fox (bleh), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian (beugh)....

None of them are super skinny, what they all have in common is big boobs :lol:.


Kim has a fake plastic booty.

Megan Fox loads of plastic surgery. I wonder if you have a preference for natural beauty over plastic surgery.



TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

28 Dec 2013, 9:17 pm

leafplant wrote:

Image



She doesn't look happy. It's not her body size that sends the message all though it does tie in, it's that look on her face and the glazed over eyes. Makes me wonder if she's on drugs. Also makes me wonder if someone is forcing her to take pictures. She doesn't look like she's happy doing it.



TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

28 Dec 2013, 9:37 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
And I don't think the fashion industry promotes super skinny women as the ideal beauty. They use those women because clothes hang better on them.
If you want to know what men think sexually attractive, just look at the girls in men's magazines.


Yup.


In men's magazines, some of the women are usually voted as most desirable/attractive are Scarlett Johansson, Zooey Deschanel, Megan fox (bleh), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian (beugh)....

None of them are super skinny, what they all have in common is big boobs :lol:.


Yep and what you've noticed is manipulation through media. Feed the men one set of images, feed the women the complete opposite. Men also read porno magazines. I think porn is the man's fashion magazine equivalent.

So how does this play out in society? Confusion.

Women bash each other, keep them busy hating each other so women will face a slippery slope down the hill and take other women down with them.

Keep men obsessed with tits and ass while women just aren't quite getting that men aren't reading the same stuff the women are reading.

Men, go buy this car or man soap products to get these women in this magazine.
Women, go buy these beauty products to look like these women in this magazine.

Ever wonder why so many people seem confused by one another?

Men think it's about that axe deodorant, the car you drive and not because a woman said "nuh uh mister, I am not dating you over that pathetic junky vehicle you drive in!" It's the magazine. Men put it down. Also avoid the how to score women.

Women, the lamest things in women magazines are the "How to know if he's cheating!" section. How many women slapped their husband or boyfriend when he approached the woman with roses because in some stupid article it suggested that it was a sign of guilt over cheating? Really? So a man's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't according to these opinions in these articles. Yep keep us confused and feeling low so we'll buy more crap we don't need.

Who is raising the minds of children and shaping reality currently? Even adults are being shaped by it.



Image


"Sex sells" Yeah well it wouldn't sell if it wasn't pushed on us 24-7. If anything they are selling a mindset more so than a product.



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 118
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

29 Dec 2013, 3:57 am

Eureka13 wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
It is not twiggys fault she was skinny. Don't blame her or put down her body for how she is.

I agree with you on the fashion industry. I don't know why they choose super skinny models etc. Maybe making women insecure makes them buy more. My guess. But at the end of the day if people want to be stupid lemmings that is their choice.

Anyway I'm out.


Nobody's blaming Twiggy herself, just the fashion industry for glorifying the waif-thin look as a universal female ideal. Even Twiggy didn't like the way she looked at the time, but fashion and media did their best to make it a mandatory standard of beauty for women of all ages. A naturally slender and willowy teenage girl is beautiful AS A CHILD, not as a WOMAN. Most female persons, by the time they are 18-20, no longer look that way naturally. Why should women be made to think there is something wrong with them if they DON'T look that way?


All is a wanted to do was make the point that skinny women are fine skinny. Like you mentioned before fat can be perfectly healthy and they are fine fat. I mentioned twiggy because you mentioned her. Honestly I don't know anything about her I just googled her pictures from you mentioning it. But I get personally attacked for it. :? so you can't win. :shrug:

I don't get your question, it's more of an accusation. :? Women shouldn't be made to feel they need to look like Twiggy. In the same token that women that look like Twiggy are not should not feel any less of a woman because they are skinny and petite, plus they shouldn't get attacked for being skinny. They are fine how they are.

All women are different some look better with more weight some don't. Like to the other exteme Nigella Lawson looks super hot and she does look good with fat.

She seems to look better with more fat on her, well suits it more for some reason.
Image


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 118
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

29 Dec 2013, 4:15 am

TheygoMew wrote:

Image


yeah exactly


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

29 Dec 2013, 4:21 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
It is not twiggys fault she was skinny. Don't blame her or put down her body for how she is.

I agree with you on the fashion industry. I don't know why they choose super skinny models etc. Maybe making women insecure makes them buy more. My guess. But at the end of the day if people want to be stupid lemmings that is their choice.

Anyway I'm out.


Nobody's blaming Twiggy herself, just the fashion industry for glorifying the waif-thin look as a universal female ideal. Even Twiggy didn't like the way she looked at the time, but fashion and media did their best to make it a mandatory standard of beauty for women of all ages. A naturally slender and willowy teenage girl is beautiful AS A CHILD, not as a WOMAN. Most female persons, by the time they are 18-20, no longer look that way naturally. Why should women be made to think there is something wrong with them if they DON'T look that way?


All is a wanted to do was make the point that skinny women are fine skinny. Like you mentioned before fat can be perfectly healthy and they are fine fat. I mentioned twiggy because you mentioned her. Honestly I don't know anything about her I just googled her pictures from you mentioning it. But I get personally attacked for it. :? so you can't win. :shrug:

I don't get your question, it's more of an accusation. :? Women shouldn't be made to feel they need to look like Twiggy. In the same token that women that look like Twiggy are not should not feel any less of a woman because they are skinny and petite, plus they shouldn't get attacked for being skinny. They are fine how they are.

All women are different some look better with more weight some don't. Like to the other exteme Nigella Lawson looks super hot and she does look good with fat.

She seems to look better with more fat on her, well suits it more for some reason.
Image


You come across as someone who was trying to pretend to be a mediator but just another woman trying to declare what "real" women are supposed to look like at 18-20. Honey what's going on now isn't something that has been going on for a LONG time. It started happening more in the late 80's. Then more so in the 90's. More so now in the 2000's.

So because Mr Bogan likes thin women, he's now a pedo? Insecure and jealous.

It sounds like to me you are one of these "masses are always right" people so you get defensive and rely on that protocol. "Well so many people look like this now so it's "normal" but if you haven't noticed, yet another twisting of words and brainwashing.

Social manipulation at play.

Not falling for it. Mr Bogan has the right to be attracted to thin women if he chooses. Seriously, you're what...50 something? Why the hell should you care?