Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

remescen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2007, 12:15 pm

Has anyone seen The Science of Sleep yet? I saw it in theaters a while ago, but I think the dvd just came out on Tuesday.

Anyway, the main character seems to have a lot of characteristics of an aspie. I could really relate to the guy in that he so naive, but then again I am not as creative.

I suggest everyone watch it, but be warned because if you don't like weird movies this will really turn you off. I just think that some people here will some a lot of themselves in the main character (who btw is played by Gael Garcia Bernal, one of the greatest modern actors imo). He's really awkward, childish, and has a hard time with relationships, too.

If you've seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, this movie is even more visually magnificent, although was not written by Charlie Kaufman and instead Gondry himself. So it's a little muddled together.

Still amazing though. 9/10

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2007, 2:32 pm

I want to see it. BADLY. But I was too scared to see it in theatres.....
I want to rent it.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2007, 1:02 am

I saw it in theaters. I was kinda disappointed because I hated the uber-abrupt ending and found too much of it annoying to watch. The character made so many bad decisions. But it is indeed visually amazing, and is worth seeing for that reason alone.

jolly_magpie
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2007, 2:10 pm

Michel Gondry's "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is sheer genius, even with the annoying Kirsten Dunst.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 12:49 pm

I really want to see "The Science of Sleep" but the thing is no library in Portland has it and most of the DVD stores are all out. :evil:

Gondry should do more movies with Charlie Kaufman, given the fact "Eternal Sunshine" was a very good movie, other than the very annoying Kirsten Dunst prancing about in her unmentionables.

Is Gondry Aspie?