Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Autism/Asperger's

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

questor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 6:58 am

I heard something on the radio a few days ago. Some parents have gotten help for their autistic kids with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Any one know if this helps those with Asperger's? And can it help adult Aspies--including those in middle age or older? I am interested in non-drug aids to dealing with Asperger's. Unfortunately, I clocked past the half century mark a few years ago, so there may be little or no benefit for me from something like this. I wouldn't want to be a kid or teen again, though, but 20s or 30s would work for me. :lol:

Norepinephrine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Dec 2013, 9:12 am

I'll get right to that after I've finished exhausting other crank-scientific autism therapies like abstaining from vaccines, utilizing chelation therapy and lupron therapy. None of these treatments have been comprehensively proven to help autistic people or mitigate some of its adverse symptoms.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 1:19 pm

Sounds like dangerous snake oil to me, high partial pressures of oxygen cause lung damage and also can make you go blind.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.